HR Business Partner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
We re BIC Graphic a division of BIC USA Inc. - a world-class global supplier of innovative promotional products for marketing and advertising initiatives.
With our wide variety of high quality, innovative custom-imprinted writing instruments and complementary products, we help customers explore all of the promotional possibilities with an extensive selection of brand name items including BIC Writing Instruments, Lighters, BIC Select, BIC Sticky Note, Magnets, Mouse Pads, BIC Atchison Notebooks and Padfolios, and Ecolutions. BIC Graphic recently acquired Norwood so we now also sell over 4,000 additional products globally. The Norwood brand includes messenger bags, drink ware, calendars, tools and many more.
BIC Graphic sells exclusively through distributors of promotional products/advertising specialties.
Today, BIC Graphic's distributors serve the majority of the Fortune 500 companies, as well as government organizations, educational institutions and thousands of other companies in diverse industries worldwide. We provide them with everything from personalized sticky notes and embroidered laptop bags to custom mouse pads and those famous BIC pens and lighters.
And with our growth, it s time for you to pencil us in too!
This position plays a key role in providing both strategic and tactical human resources support to develop and coordinate programs which directly support the achievement of business objectives. This position supports specific clients groups and managers, supported by the Sr HR Business partner in managing the day-to-day Human Resource functions including: employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, employee engagement, recruiting and selection, and employment law compliance.
* Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems/ evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling manager and employees.
* Manage all aspects of employee relations including investigations, counseling to management and employees, conflict mediation and resolution, etc
* Work with Senior HR Business Partner to determine, develop and implement training programs to strengthen competencies and skill-set across the business.
* Completes special projects by clarifying project objectives; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information, fulfilling transactions.
* Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
* Maintains human resource information systems records and compiles reports from the database.
* Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
* Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency to the department and service performed.
* Administers various human resources plans and procedures, assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, prepares and maintains employee policies and procedures manual.
* Ensure compliance with BIC requirements.
* Responsible for remaining up-to-date on relevant federal employment laws and other human resources compliance issues.
* Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
* Confidential record maintenance.
* Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and Hourly personnel, students and temporary employees.
* Conducts new-employee orientations.
* Monitors career-pathing program and posts positions
* BA/BS degree in HR related field is required and 3 5 years human resources experience or a master s degree in HR and 2 years experience in the HR field.
* A first solid experience with HR systems such as ADP is required
* HR Experience in a Manufacturing environment would be a plus, as well as exposure to Manufacturing Safety Requirements and Regulations
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishment.
* Ability to handle all the challenges connected to the role and willingness to work flexible hours and to be on call for employee relations issues 24/7.
* Ability to deal with several issues simultaneously that demand pertinent attention.
* Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing is essential.
* Excellent customer service and analytical skills are necessary.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and coach people.
* Ethical Conduct
* Human Resources Capacity
* Problem Solving/Analysis
* Project Management
* Communication Proficiency
* Organizational skills
* Time Management
There's never been a better time to join BIC Graphic. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision in a growing global market. That's why the majority of leading companies across industries worldwide use our promotional products. It's also why you'll find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Drug-Free Workplace Drug-Free Workplace.