HR Business Partner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
UL, a global leader in advancing safety science, is seeking a Global HR Business Partner to support our EHS Sustainability business division. This important role will be an integral member of the EHS Sustainability business leadership team and act as a primary global HR contact for the EHS Sustainability business (approximately 380 globally dispersed employees - with two major sites in Franklin, TN and Cambridge, UK). The Global HR Business Partner will have ownership over the design and execution of the people strategy for the EHS Sustainability business and will influence business results by providing comprehensive and strategic generalist HRBP support to the EHS Sustainability client base leaders and their teams. The majority of the leaders are Nashville-based with a smaller group of managers in Cambridge.
* Utilize strong business acumen and leverage deep understanding of the business strategy to provide expert insight to EHS Sustainability business division leaders and drive organizational initiatives.
* Partner with business division leadership to design and deliver HR initiatives that support the business strategy.
* Coach leaders and provide consultative guidance on performance management, talent development, organizational effectiveness and organizational design.
* Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with key regional HR partners in the Shared Services team (recruitment, compensation, employee relations, talent management) to ensure the effective delivery of HR programs and services such as performance management, salary planning, succession planning, and talent reviews. Responsible for HR results in the business, including client satisfaction and HR effectiveness.
* Support business division M&A activity from HR due diligence stage through organizational integration.
* Maintain and report on key HR metrics for the business division. Interpret and translate these metrics into meaningful, actionable data that drive business decisions and impact organizational effectiveness.
* Become an integral member of the enterprise wide HR team, contributing to and taking the lead on various enterprise wide HR projects and initiatives as necessary.
* Bachelors degree in HR, Organizational Development, Business or related field. Masters Degree or MBA a plus.
* 8-10 years of HR Generalist or HR Business Partner strategic experience providing HR support to an assigned client group.
* Compelling communication skills that engage effectively with individuals, teams and large groups.
* A proven track record of influencing managers and senior-level executives on both HR and business-related issues.
* Demonstrated ability to solve business problems with the creation and alignment of relevant people related strategies and processes.
* Strong business acumen with the ability to read and understand a P&L statement and balance sheet and understand key financial and business drivers.
* Basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as HR systems is required.
* Global acumen and previous experience supporting a globally disbursed employee population is highly desired.
* Previous M&A experience a plus.
* Ability to travel (including occasional international travel) up to 20%.