HR Business Partner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
COX COMMUNICATIONS, INC. is seeking an HR BUSINESS PARTNER acts as a trusted business advisor to business leaders and other stakeholders. The position leads and facilitates the development of delivery of workplace strategies that impact culture and key capabilities for the organization. The role is responsible for securing and maintaining a productive, diverse and engaged workforce, comprised of the best talent available. Through the design, development and implementation of Human Resources strategies, the HRBP II supports the design and execution of workplace initiatives in order to achieve business results and sustainable growth. In partnership with the various functional HR areas, the HRBP drives and deploys integrated talent management, employee development, compensation, performance management and workplace strategies. This role reports to Senior HR Business Partner.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Primary point of contact for business; creates strategies and approaches that align the business enterprise wide; engages resources as appropriate to ensure effectiveness
* Supports business to create an integrated people plan that aligns with the strategic plans of the organization
* Advises leaders on the implications of short and long-term decisions, strategies, and large-scale change efforts that will yield sustainable business results.
* Executes needs analysis to capture business needs and required capabilities. Aligns to possible organization models.
* Monitors and leverages performance results and recommends improvement opportunities.
* Partners with COEs and Field HR to develop policies, programs, and tools and provides timely feedback to Center, Field and/or COEs on effectiveness and value to the business.
* The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about their financial position, its short and long term goals and plans, its culture and its competition.
* Guides, trains and directs managers and employees on the implementation of HR policies and processes to ensure appropriate legal (FMLA, ADA, EEOC, etc.) and company compliance, partnering with others in HR
* Change Management
* Initiates and sustains continuous dialogue with function leaders on both internal and external change issues and opportunities. Facilitates development of change plans and implementation of business transformational initiatives.
* Implements and customizes CoE-initiated HR plans, programs, processes, and tools to ensure business unit needs are met while remaining compliant with policy
* Facilitates and influences leaders in the development of effective organizational designs
* Analyzes how change can be sustained/supported through redesigned HR strategies, programs, practices, policies, and processes.
* Partners with Public Affairs and Talent Management on developing change management plans to support major transformations
* Talent Development
* Plans and promotes the understanding, application, and improvement of strategies to address talent gaps and needs
* Supports the development and implementation of HR plans and programs with business leaders and Centers of Expertise to build and enhance organizational capability.
* Collaborates with clients on leadership development, performance management, talent management, and employment/labor issues.
* Facilitates team building workshops, exercises, or programs to enhance the cohesiveness of teams.
* Functional Competencies
* Ensures Talent Where and When We Need It Partners with Talent Management and Talent Acquisition teams to ensure people strategies are achieved based on a holistic understanding of our diverse workforce; enabling the attraction, development, and retention of top talent.
* Facilitates Change to Fulfill Vision - Facilitates the identification of key business changes and the implementation of those changes to achieve the desired end state as a business.
* Enables Peak Organizational Performance - Identifies the business need and shapes organizational solutions that drive sustainable outcomes.
* Applies Business Acumen - Applies an understanding of the business by providing counsel around key people and business strategies that drive sustainable growth.
* Drives Operational Excellence - Reinforces standardized policies, processes, and technology for service delivery to increase operational effectiveness and efficiency.
* Positive Employee Relations - Establishes trust with constituents through proactive solution development. Manages complex employee relations issues and conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Advises management on solutions and partners with leaders through resolution.
* 8+ years of experience in human resources with increasing responsibilities.
* 7+ years of experience in a client-focused HR Generalist role, including experience as a specialist in one of the following core HR disciplines: talent acquisition, talent management, employee relations, or employee development.
* 5+ years of demonstrated experience with coaching and influencing executive level leaders (VP level and above)
* 5+ years of experience with executing organizational change initiatives
* Experience leading an HR organization or team preferred.
* Prior experience using Oracle PeopleSoft and managing data
* Requires advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong consultative, interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
* Role requires the ability to be collaborative, build relationships and influencing skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Client service and/or support orientation
* Consultative approach
* Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
* Ability to execute and get things done
* Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment
* Proactive approach to problem solving and solutions oriented
* Must demonstrate teamwork and the ability to partner with others to get things done
* Facilitation skills
* Business acumen
* Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
* BA/BS in Human Resources, Business Management or related field
* PHR/SPHR certification
* Builds relationships
* Champions change
* Develops self and others
* Drives results
* Focus on customers
* Values others
YOUR CAREER AT COX
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Learn more at: http://www.cox.com/.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited