HR Business Partner / Manager 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER/MANAGER
_Melville, NY and New York, NY_
The Human Resources Business Partner/Manager performs HR related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruiting employee relations; compensation; employment performance management; employee integration, development process improvement; procedural documentation; employee services and counseling.
The Business Partner/Manager will have an assigned client group for which s/he has primary responsibility and will also work closely with other members of the Employment team to support the development and implementation of HR services, policies, and programs. This position reports to the Manager, Human Resources or the Director, Employment, Policy & Systems and assists and advises Firm managers and directors about Human Resources issues in the Americas region.
* Supports communication and administration of Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
* Supports compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
* Participates in employee relations counseling and may respond to issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
* Supports performance management process, including annual performance reviews for administrative staff
* Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
* Full-cycle recruitment for exempt and nonexempt administrative staff including temporary employees.
* Partners with administrative directors, managers, and supervisors to develop and maintain accurate job descriptions for administrative staff positions.
* Makes recommendations in regard to FLSA exemption status of roles.
* Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
* Supports the firm's compensation planning and administration process.
* Assists with the development and production of HR metrics and reporting.
* Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
* May assist in developing, implementing or facilitating training (including orientation) to administrative staff.
* Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
* Outstanding interpersonal skills and capability to work effectively with a variety of people and departments.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively apply knowledge of human resources law
* Strong business acumen and judgment;
* Strong written and oral communication skills;
* Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law;
* Demonstrated understanding of business processes and how to change and improve them to achieve greater efficiency and effectiveness;
* Demonstrated ability to research and analyze various types of data and develop meaningful results/recommendations; and,
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities and consistently deliver high quality results in a timely manner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
* Minimum 3 years of hands-on Human Resource generalist experience required, preferably in professional services or law firm.
* Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
This role is a front facing role so the person needs to be in the office.
Candidate will split time between Melville and midtown offices (can do 3 days in Melville and 2 days in NY or vice versa).
This role supports the client group HR wise which is made up of about 250ppl, 150 of which sit in NY and 100 which sit in Melville.
The client group is made up of the COO/CFO, Technology, Finance, RE/Facilities Team, Procurement, Project Management Team.
This is a true generalist spot that will have a management component for a more senior person.
Open to building a team around this person.
Fine with candidates from outside of legal, but has to be other professional services environments. Of course the preference is from mid-large law.