HR Business Partner 9/3/2016
A Aerospace & Defense Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HR BUSINESS PARTNER, RIVERSIDE SITE
* Do you have a minimum of 7 years of experience as an HR generalist
* Do you have a minimum of minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership/supervisory role
* Do you have a minimum of 2 years of labor relations experience
* Do you have prior HR experience in a manufacturing environment
* Do you have a Bachelor's degree in HR or related field
This Technologies Corporation is a global supplier of systems and services in the aerospace and defense markets with one of the most strategically diversified portfolios of products in the industry.
The Aerostructures division is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner for its` largest manufacturing facility located in Riverside California.
This HR leader will have responsibility for over 1,000 employees, of which 600 of bargaining unit represented.
The position will report jointly to the Sr. Human Resource Manager for Operations and to the Riverside site Leader.
* Implement strategic short and long term HR initiatives, in partnership with the senior HR and Riverside leadership teams, to drive business results.
* Consult with and advise management on a variety of HR and business related issues on both strategic and tactical levels.
* Build and maintain effective working relationships with management and employees to provide advice and counsel to both on employee-related and organizational matters, serving as an employee advocate and as a coach to employees and leaders.
* Lead key HR processes for site, including staffing, leadership development, salary planning, performance management, and labor/employee relations.
* Lead identification, selection and retention of world-class talent. Develop and execute plans for talent acquisition, development and succession planning for Riverside site.
* Drive human resource compliance and ensure standardization and consistency of human resource practices and policies.
* Effectively lead the function in a highly complex matrix environment, balancing competing priorities and engaging appropriate stakeholders.
* Direct employee programs designed to promote employee communications, optimize organizational effectiveness and increase employee engagement.
* Administer HR and Company policies and procedures to effectively manage labor and employee relations and achieve business goals.
* Administer compensation programs, ensuring functional alignment and attainment of business unit objectives. Communicate program guidelines and philosophy to the leadership team, and drive understanding amongst employees. Ensure compliance with EEO/AAP.
* Monitor performance management programs and provide support and guidance to managers / employees on performance issues and assessment tools.
* Lead Continuous Improvement initiatives for site and for the HR organization.
* Manage a team of six direct reports and effectively engage with other HR team members outside of direct reporting chain to accomplish objectives. * Utilize data reporting tools to acquire and analyze information to support data driven decision-making. * Ensure compliance with all applicable governmental regulations and regulatory requirements.
* Bachelor's degrees in HR or related field required.
* Master's degree highly preferred.
* HR professional certifications a plus.
* A minimum of 7 years of progressive HR experience, including a minimum of 3 years in a leadership/supervisory role and a minimum of 2 years of labor relations experience.
* HR experience in a manufacturing environment highly desired.
* Additional Comments: Ability to travel on an occasional basis required.
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
* 7+ TO 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
* Master's degree
High potential type of candidate with quick progression in early career who has potential and runway for larger HR positions and who is mobile. Employee would likely be asked to move to larger role in a new location in 2-3 years.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE WORKED FOR THE FOLLOWING COMPANY(IES):
aviation or large manufacturing company.
Industry: Aerospace / Aviation / Defense
Job Category: HR Management - Generalist
Visa Candidate Considered: No