HR Compliance Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Hitachi Data Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Overview:
The HR Compliance Specialist will oversee all background screening processes for HDS and be responsible for establishing a formal process to manage the various background screening requirements. This includes conducting audits to ensure compliance with regards to background requirements from our customers. This role will also partner with Sales Operations to proactively identify background or other HR related requirements and commitments in customer contracts. The HR Compliance Specialist will work closely with the Information Management Center (IMC) to establish a process for reviewing and providing consistent information requested from HR for customer proposals (RFPs). This role also has responsibility for managing designated compliance programs and reporting, such as OFCCP and Affirmative Action.
* Establish process to manage various background requirements for HDS employees and customers.
* Review client contractual agreements to discern background screening requirements.
* Evaluate individual background screening results and identify any discrepancies or variation in results from stated contractual agreements. Utilize customer vetting channels to resolve discrepancies or clarify requirements.
* Recommend, develop, maintain and educate on internal practices and procedures to ensure 100% compliance with client contractual agreements.
* Partner with Employee Relations Manager, Legal or local HRBP regarding federal (country) or state laws regarding the privacy or use of background results.
* Manage relationship and communicate with HDSs third party background screening vendor decipher to background screening details and procedures.
* Collaborate regularly with leadership and HR to address background screening issues.
* Manage designated compliance programs and reporting, such as OFCCP and Affirmative Action.
* Responsible for managing HR policies, establishing a process to review and update on a regular cadence.
* In partnership with HR Business Partners (HRBPs), HRSS and Legal, would be responsible for managing reductions in force and preparing adverse impact analyses where required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
* 3-5 years experience in professional HR position, preferably in the area of compliance or background screening.
* Must have the ability to read and interpret client contractual agreement requirements.
* Experience working in a fast-paced, professional, global business environment.
* Bachelor's degree in business related discipline desired.
* Strong analytical, eye for detail and critical thinking skills and must be highly proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, detail oriented and able to work independently but collaboratively on a virtual team.
* Good interpersonal and customer service skills, verbal and written communication with ability to work pro-actively and on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
* This position is an individual contributor with no budgetary responsibility.
* May act as a project leader providing direction and facilitates team decision making process.
* Considerable judgment and initiative required.
* Works on assignments from routine to medium complex in nature. Must be able to recognize deviation from accepted practice.
* Normally receives minimal instruction on day to day work, general instruction on new assignments.