HR Data and Analytics Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities:The HR Data and Analytics Managerwill act as an internal consultant to identify strategic business requirements for developing HR statistical and analytical reporting; conduct needs analysis for Key Performance Reporting requirements to support HR Operating Plan initiatives; designs and oversees the standardization of HR data reports and queries; and maintain a Data Dictionary. They will have a key role in HR Reporting/Analysis projects of significant complexity; designing and executing HR Systems quality assurance audits; and recommending, designing, developing and presenting HR data reporting for use by managers, and strategic KPIs and Performance Reports for use by Executive Committee members, Global Officer Coalition members, and the HR Leadership team. This person will also provide analytical support to the HR Leadership team in the planning, projected ROI and proof of concept analysis for major HR initiatives. In addition to managing the use and distribution of Office Depot's HR Data, this position will be the point of contact for internal use of HR Data by other others or individuals, and will be responsible for reviewing data requests to ensure that the use of any data is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
Qualifications:Bachelor's Degree and five years experience Other Information:* Five to eight years of experience in a large corporate environment performing moderately complex to very complex employee and/or customer activity analysis and research, using qualitative and quantitative measurement and data collection design principles in HR, Finance, or Marketing.
* Exposure and involvement in System roles security is a strong plus. Prior project leadership experience is a strong preference.
* At least three to five years of experience working directly in or closely collaborating with an HR function is a requirement.
* PHR/SPHR/Global SPHR certification preferred; Practical work-related application, education and/or certification in statistical analysis is required.
* Experience with large project management and system implementation is preferred.
* Must be able to work immediately with online applications and systems, and be capable of quickly learning new applications as a 'super-user', for example Cognos or Hyperion reporting systems, SAS analytical reporting software, PeopleSoft HR or Finance query writing and reporting tools, etc.
* Must possess knowledge of organizational development, change management and quality assurance principles.
* Must have a strong understanding of HR processes and data to ensure correct interpretation of data and implementation of KPIs. Must possess a strong understanding of HRIM database structure, functions and processes, and experience with database tools.
* Experience with HR systems like PeopleSoft, SAP, or Lawson is highly desirable. Must have a thorough 'advanced' understanding of MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint tools.
* Must possess very effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications and presentation skills. Needs to be able to influence decisions and negotiate commitments very effectively at all levels of the organization including executive.
* Must have proven project management, follow-through and personal organization skills
* Must have very strong analytical skills and the ability to take complex information and put it into a simple Executive Summary format; must be able to understand and anticipate Executive need for appropriate level of information and detail.
* Must be able to prioritize conflicting objectives.
* Must be able to translate strategic objectives into strategic KPIs.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information that is global is scope.
* Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently with little or no direct supervision and inspire confidence in the quality of work.
* Must be very proficient in all aspects of the English language.
* Will have responsibility for producing executive summaries and analysis of global HR data; must be able to work effectively with HR system experts in each country in which Office Depot operates and understand the legal and procedural requirements for the use of HR data.
* Must be able to work with highly confidential data and information, with the utmost personal and professional integrity. Must have a high degree of organizational savvy and practical 'street smarts' in working with and transferring HR data and information within the organization. Must possess a high level of emotional maturity and self-awareness when presenting or receiving information that may be subject to re-interpretation or critiquing. Needs to quickly understand the 'big picture' implications of HR information or an idea or proposal.
* Ability to provide project management leadership and direction to other professionals. Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .