This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe HR Director provides strategic direction in the development, planning and enabling of an innovative and highly committed team of associates to achieve business objectives and business goals. The Director, Human Resources, is responsible for providing the full range of HR support for the multi-site business to create a world-class organization and talent capability to meet strategic and annual business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop, direct, plan and evaluate all human resource strategies and policies to meet the organization's human resources objectives and ensure compliance with current, applicable labor laws.
* Assist in the development and implementation of strategic HR priorities in line with and to support the achievement of the annual business objectives
* Lead cross functional strategic change projects to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency
* Provide internal consulting services regarding the interpretation and application of HR policies and processes. Participate in developing best practices and implementing policies and processes as applicable.
* Develop and drive performance management processes, tools, communications, and training programs
* Provide leadership in the development of a sustainable high performance/high commitment workforce
* Manage day-to-day associate relations including problem solving, counselling, coaching, fact-finding
* Ensure compliance with employment-related laws
* Direct the administration of the Affirmative action and Equal Employment Opportunity program, ensure employment law compliance, and assists departments on compliance procedures.
* Create HR plans to align with business needs, including workforce planning, resource reallocations, organization redesign, organization development including culture change initiatives, talent assessment, recruitment and development and training, and change management.
* Lead and manage the performance management, talent management and merit review processes.
* Monitor local market compensation to determine competitive wages.
* Participate in the design, and in some cases, lead the development of global HR initiatives and local HR activities.
* Supervise direct and functional reports. Establish individual performance objectives and reviews performance against goals. Provide counseling. Plan, approve, and implement programs for the timely development and progression of the individuals.
* Typically requires Bachelors degree (Masters preferred) and 10+ years of relevant work experience.
* HRexperience in an Operations/ Manufacturing environment preferred.
* Progressive people management experiencepreferred.
* Knowledge of US laws governing employment required.
* Prior experience in leading culture change highly desired.