HR Finance Project Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG). BCG is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 81 offices in 45 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
The Functional Finance Team is an integral part of the worldwide Finance organization providing insight supported by meaningful, accurate, financial information to help guide the decision making process. The team partners with the leadership of our Global Functions, senior finance management, and local, regional and global finance colleagues across the organization.
As a key member of the Functional Finance Team, the HR Finance Project Leader role serves as the finance business partner to global HR/ People Team leadership. This role will include advising and providing financial support to the pillars of the functions, and various programs managed by the global functions. In addition, the role will provide decision support with respect to operating models, investments in platforms, and other firm initiatives. This position will coordinate preparation of the annual financial plans for the global aspects of the HR pillars, regular reporting and analysis against plan and all other financial aspects of operations.
The role will interact closely with the leadership team of the function, and take an active role in discussions at the senior and executive firm leadership levels.
* Work closely with function leader and teams to indentify cost trends, proactively recommend options and solutions to address deviations from plans or evolving business needs.
* Help to establish and calculate metrics to analyze resource capacity and efficiency in existing business models to seek alternative cost trajectory in future.
* Actively participate in the annual planning and forecasting processes for function, ensuring alignment of plans with overall firm planning parameters.
* Direct oversight for project analysis and reporting to stakeholders, including comparison of actual to budget, and development of new, relevant metrics to complement existing reporting.
* Working with function to compile, analyze HR annual report, contribute to design of output formats, and vet with functional managers.
* Working with function to deliver PEOPLE Survey analytics
* Working with the Global Consulting People Team Project Lead to deliver the Global Scorecard in January and July
* Provide analysis and business support to function leaders with respect to implementing strategic business decisions.
* Understand the management and financial reporting implications for new and existing accounting policies, take ownership for coordinating global implementation of new policies impacting the functions.
* Work jointly with cross-functional teams and finance colleagues in the field to identity innovative opportunities for business process improvements and streamlining in existing activities. Make recommendations on improvements and lead implementation.
* Actively participate in the development of the analysts supporting the functional finance organization, including local and Delhi based team.
* Participate in special projects and other analytical work to be defined as they arise.
* Organization, including local and Delhi based team.
Basic Job Requirements
* A minimum of 7-10 years of finance-related experience, Bachelor's degree, CPA or MBA strongly preferred.
* Sound analytical and reporting skills.
* Proven ability to work effectively in a global environment with people at all organizational levels.
* Excellent communication skills, written and oral; Advanced computer literacy (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
Problem solving, analytical skills and decision making
* An ability to utilize a bottoms up or a big picture approach when necessary
* Ability to thoughtfully consider the ramifications of decisions on various constituencies
* Comfort with multi-tasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment
* Tenacity, willingness to work in an iterative environment
* Flexibility and openness towards new ideas and change
Communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
* Good judgment, strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative style;
* Experience as a contributor and collaborator with both senior management and more junior professionals
* Ability to perform effectively under pressure; flexibility to work in changing situations with tact, poise, and patience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfort with highly virtual work environment, including teleconference, and video conference
Leadership, impact and change
* Strong leadership skills, demonstrating self-confidence and enthusiasm
* Demonstrated leadership and problem solving ability
* Self-starting attitude, pro-active
Work management, organization and planning
* Strong organizational and process management skills
* Ability to prioritize activitities, willingness to seek guidance or assistance when appropriate
* Excellent people interaction skills; ability to provide honest feedback and support in the development of employees capabilities
* Appreciation and desire to actively participate in development and mentoring staff without direct reporting relationship; Ability and desire to guide and mentor team members
Values and ethics
* Professional representation of the firm s values, culture, and objectives
* Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG s values and culture.
* Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential.
* Ability to navigate complex reporting relationships
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 2906BR