HR Generalist/ Accountant I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search to fill a direct hire HR and Payroll Generalist and Accountant 1 job in Poughkeepsie, NY. This is a direct hire opportunity. As an HR and Payroll Generalist and Accountant 1, you will be responsible for greeting visitors, answering phones, plan company activities, book events and hotel registrations, handle mail, create organizational charts, confer with agencies for staffing needs, schedule interviews, prepare new employee packets, coordinate screenings and new employee orientations, process payroll and 401k remittance, process 401k loan and distribution paperwork, reporting and processing workers compensation claims, monitoring worker performance/review program, maintaining employee handbook, maintaining confidentiality as well as other duties assigned by management. Apply Now if you meet the qualifications listed below!
Salary Range for this position is: $30-000-40,000/year based on experience/qualifications.
Responsibilities for this HR and Payroll Generalist and Accountant 1 job include:
1. Coordinate with Department Managers and Employment Agencies regarding hiring needs.
2. Prepare new employee packets.
3. Plan and conduct new employee orientation. (Initial onboarding)
4. Plan and conduct benefit orientations for new employees.
5. Conduct exit interviews with any employee separating from service.
6. Assist in monitoring employee performance/ review program.
7. Process and maintain all documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training,
grievances, performance evaluations and classifications, and incident reports.
8. Maintain employee personnel files.
9. Tracking of all COBRA, FMLA, Workers Compensation Claims and OSHA Reporting.
10. Process 401k loan and distributions paperwork. (Full coordination with Payroll function to implement any
corresponding payroll changes.)
11. Maintain attendance records.
12. Maintain employee handbook.
13. Maintain confidentiality of information accessed in this position.
14. Other duties as assigned by management.
1. Gathering of data and processing of weekly payroll in web-based portal.
2. Initial set-up and maintenance of employee profiles in web-based portal.
3. Maintain and reconcile employee Time-Off earnings/usage in web-based payroll portal with alternate
4. Prepare payroll summary for each pay period for use by the Accounting Department. (Posting in Accounting
5. Process and remit 401K contributions and garnishments each pay period.
6. Prepare and submit monthly payroll report to Workers Compensation provider.
7. Track all exposure hours for each pay period.
8. Enter information required for all year-end ACA reporting (1095 forms) in web-based payroll portal.
9. Maintain Homepage on web-based payroll portal for employee use. (Posting of Notices, Forms, Etc.)
1. Maintain certain monthly Accounting schedules. (Employee Expense Reports, etc.)
2. Assist with Customer Invoicing and Collections.
3. Provide support for Controller and Accountant Senior.
4. Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each principal duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, experience, skill, and ability required:
1. Must be articulate with good communication skills.
2. Possess a front office presence with a neat, professional appearance.
3. Sound computer skills. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suites and web-based payroll. Experience with
Paylocity Webpay a plus!
4. Must be detail oriented.
5. Must have good math skills and analytical ability.
6. Education / Experience: High School or G.E.D and 5-7 years related experience.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to contract workers.