This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The HR Generalist is a primary provider of HR operational services at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. This individual ensures the consistent execution and delivery of HR services and programs to assigned front line business areas in regards to: Human Resources special projects, employee relations matters, recruiting/TA support, HR policies and procedures, investigations and other related areas as needed to enhance and support the performance of frontline department managers and staff.
* Point person I owner of special projects to front-line departments in support of various HR initiatives, procedures and programs.
* Member of the Talent I Acquisition team in support of recruitment and Hiring Manager needs including but not limited to interviewing applicants, screening resumes, posting of jobs and assisting with on-boarding activities as needed.
* Lead the review, maintenance, and communication of HR policies and procedures in compliance with state and federal law, as well as Joint Commission requirements.
* Works with HR Director and HR Business Partner Team on investigations - conduct workplace investigations in response to formal complaints, including interviewing staff, reviewing related documentation, drafting of summary reports and presentation of recommendations for effective resolution.
* Assure all Dana-Farber locations comply with all federal, state, and local job posting requirements governing employment.
* In collaboration with HR Business Partners, consult with managers and staff regarding employee relations concerns, including but not limited to progressive discipline, workplace disputes, and facilitation of resolution of issues between management and staff.
* Assist and advise staff with interpretation and application of personnel policies and procedures.
* Respond to and triage human resources concerns arising from staff and managers to ensure timely and effective customer service.
* Manage employee termination process, including logistical arrangements for final paychecks, deactivation of network access, conducting of exit interviews where appropriate.
* Conduct termination analysis and reports on trends related to both involuntary and voluntary terminations. Work with exit survey vendor to ensure survey tool is effective and customized as appropriate.
* Assist HR Director and other HR colleagues with the compilation and analysis of employment data to identify trends and determine levels of employee engagement.
* In collaboration with HR Business Partners and other HR colleagues, provides employees with guidance, advice and referrals on human resources policies and procedures and laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance with DFCI policies and with state and federal employment laws, such as FLSA, ADA, FMLA, and EEO/Affirmative Action.
* In collaboration with HRIS and HR Business Partners develop standard reporting that can be used by HR Business Partners to help in organizational diagnosis.
* Collaborates with other HR and Finance functional areas such as compensation, HRIS, benefits, payroll to help define needs of managers and staff and collaborate for most efficient service delivery.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, industrial relations or a related field - PHR or SPHR certification or relevant Masters Degree desirable.
* This position requires 3-5 years of recent human resources experience in a generalist, employee relations, HR processes, or other relevant role with exposure to employment and labor law- preferably in a large, complex organization. Good knowledge of state and federal employment/labor laws and practices/
* Strong project management experience and a track record of meeting expected project results, with proven ability to multitask and prioritize.
* In-house Recruitment I interviewing experience in a fast-paced and competitive labor market.
* Qualified candidate will bring relationship building and analytical skills, sound judgment, and problem solving abilities that will be effective in a complex environment.
* High computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point, Applicant Tracking Systems and other HR operational systems.
* Strong communications skills both written and oral. Must have the ability to deliver clear and succinct messages.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize and maintain efficiency and quality in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
* Demonstrated strong time management and project management skills
* Attention to detail and the ability to look at data, analysis and fact and identify trends or make hypothesis and draw conclusions.
* Superior customer service orientation
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.