This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client in the financial industry is looking for an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join the team. The position is responsible for reconciling and submitting payroll, ensuring all data is entered accurately and timely, administering benefit plans, ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations and adherence to plan provisions, and providing general HR administrative support as needed (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry, etc.).
* Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with Company Policies.
* Reconcile and submit payroll and ensures that all data is accurate and timely.
* Handles all Payroll System issues with staff and managers.
* Maintain records, reports and personnel files to meet government and company standards and requirements.
* Administer health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations.
* Maintain the Flexible Spending Accounts for employees and submit all check requests.
* Assist employees (and potential employees and applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
* Strive to ensure employee understanding of benefits programs by regularly generating communication and counseling employees and dependents as situations arise. Help resolve employee complaints related to health and welfare plans.
* Work with Internal Auditor's requirements; ensure compliance with internal controls within Department.
* Assists with FMLA and the company leave of absence programs, providing employees with guidance and the appropriate paperwork required.
* Conduct Annual open enrollment period each year and ensure that changes are processed in a timely manner.
* Responsible for identifying and maintaining all employee benefits.
* Conduct new employee orientation; ensure employees gain an understanding of the company policies, procedures, benefits plans and enrollment provisions.
* Collects and follow up on the completion of the performance appraisals.
* Keep current on laws, regulations and rules affecting employment and ensure full compliance.
* Adhere to and uphold all written policies and procedures of the credit union, including BSA, CIP and OFAC monitoring and reporting, security operation and personnel policies.
* Participate in continuing education as approved by supervisor.
* Provide help where needed for yearly All Employee Day.
* Recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures and ensure full compliance.
* Promote and maintain a positive image of the company to co-workers, members and the community.
* Must have at least 5 years of payroll experience and benefit administration.
* Must have 3 years of hands on payroll administration and hands on benefits administration.
* Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Must be able to respond effectively and in a timely manner to various employee needs.
* Minimum Bachelor Degree Required.
* PHR or SPHR Certification Preferred.