This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Human Resources Generalist ( Generalist ) is a highly visible hands-on position that provides support to the Canadian and U. S businesses of Ryan. The Generalist will focus on new employee onboarding; employee changes, transfers and departures; file maintenance and departmental reporting. The position includes a high level of teamwork and responsibility, with extensive interaction with all levels of employees across multiple Practice lines, including Principals and management, as well as other members of the Human Resources department across the various global Ryan offices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
* Answers front-line HR and benefits questions from employees and escalates complex questions and issues to the appropriate groups.
* Responds to inquiries from employees and managers concerning a variety of sensitive and confidential human resources issues.
* Investigates, documents, and resolves employee relations issues and grievances.
* Assists with the coordination and delivery of new employee on-boarding, orientation, and other employee-related programs.
* Coordinates and communicates employee transfers, promotions, and other status changes to relevant parties.
* Coordinates employee departures. Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
* Responds to unemployment claims and participates in appeals hearings as necessary.
* Performs job analyses to create and maintain job descriptions.
* Assists with coordination and tracking of leaves of absence and FMLA designations.
* Maintains awareness of employment and labor laws and makes recommendations as appropriate for all locations.
* Assists with the creation, maintenance, and organization of the Firm s online Policies and Procedures and related documents.
* Assists in maintaining HR-related content on internal and external websites.
* Administers the performance evaluation system and assists with the compilation, distribution and communication of data associated with the raise and promotion process.
* Assists with maintaining the HRMS system, ensuring data integrity at all times.
* Assists with the due diligence process for acquisitions and the integration process of employees obtained through company acquisitions as well of the integration of new practice areas within the Firm.
* Maintains affirmative action program, assists with creation of annual EEO-1 report, and maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
* Coordinates and assists with the administration of internal and external surveys.
* Coordinates work visas for employees.
* Writes, maintains, and supports a variety of reports or queries, utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in development of standard reports for internal customer needs.
* Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
* Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
* Participates on committees, special projects, and seeks additional responsibilities.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor s degree in Human Resources or related field required with one to three years of human resources generalist experience, including significant exposure to employee relations, employment and labor laws, benefits, and compensation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, HRIS, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities..