HR Generalist II Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 288958
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. The Urology and Pelvic Health business unit provides proven, leading solutions to treat kidney stones, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), erectile dysfunction (ED), male incontinence and pelvic floor disorders-more urology subspecialties than any other company. In addition, we continue to invest in gynecologic surgical solutions for the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding and uterine fibroids. These offerings can help healthcare providers advance patient outcomes, reduce procedure costs and enhance quality-enabling millions of men and women to regain control of their lives. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in urology and pelvic health.
JOB PURPOSE: The HR Generalist will support execution of business strategy via application of HR processes and tools throughout organization. Serves as the primary contact for client managers for HR support. Work is primarily process-focused and provides human resources services and tools that help the successful achievement of departmental and individual performance goals, both in direct client groups and across the Urology and Pelvic Health HR team. Exercises judgment and influence on relevant objectives and goals of the organization, and is responsible to seek out and utilize advice and counsel of team members. Applies solutions to problems with some complexity while being consistent with precedents. This role reports to the Sales and Marketing HR Manager.
- Responsible for providing HR guidance/support to client group(s) in most of the following areas: competency development, succession planning, talent management, talent acquisition, labor relations, employment law compliance, employee relations, employee engagement, Diversity & Inclusion, change management and process improvement.
- Coach and consult with management on issues affecting morale, performance, development and organization effectiveness, helping to determine root causes and recommending appropriate next steps.
- Provide guidance and direction to client group(s) to ensure consistent, equal and fair treatment of all employees. Consult with managers to ensure the consistent application of and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence to address and satisfy client group(s) requirements. Apply knowledge of key business drivers in making decisions related to human capital.
- Present, train and/or facilitate workforce development programs. Support communication on and utilization of performance management tools & processes and compensation & rewards programs.
- Conduct and manage investigation of employee issues and concerns that could result in legal ramifications; assess the severity, involve appropriate individuals and facilitate appropriate action based on policy and practice.
- Requirements include BA or BS Degree (or equivalent work experience), 2-5 years of experience in one or more HR disciplines (Employee Relations, Total Rewards, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, HR Systems/Analytics)
- Knowledge of legal implications of the employment relationship
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and project management skills
- Strong and competent understanding and application of internal HR principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Foundational coaching and facilitation skills
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a)||Human Resources||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Compliance, HR Generalist, HR, Project Manager, Performance Management, Legal, Human Resources, Technology