HR Generalist II Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Quincy
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 285910
The HR Generalist will support execution of business strategy via application of HR processes and tools throughout organization. Serves as the primary contact for client managers for HR support. Work is primarily process-focused and provides human resources services and tools that help the successful achievement of departmental and individual performance goals, both in direct client groups and across the Global Manufacturing HR team via assigned projects and process ownership. Exercises judgment and influence on relevant objectives and goals of the organization, and is responsible to seek out and utilize advice and counsel of team members. Applies solutions to problems with some complexity while being consistent with precedents. This role reports to the Operations HR Site Lead. This role supports sites in Quincy, MA and Coventry, RI. Ability to travel to Coventry site once a week is required.
- Responsible for providing HR guidance/support to client group(s) in most of the following areas: competency development, succession planning, talent management, talent acquisition, labor relations, employment law compliance, employee relations, employee engagement, Diversity & Inclusion, change management and process improvement.
- Coach and consult with management on issues affecting morale, performance, development and organization effectiveness, helping to determine root causes and recommending appropriate next steps.
- Provide guidance and direction to client group(s) to ensure consistent, equal and fair treatment of all employees. Consult with managers to ensure the consistent application of and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence to address and satisfy client group(s) requirements. Apply knowledge of key business drivers in making decisions related to human capital.
- Present, train and/or facilitate workforce development programs. Support communication on and utilization of performance management tools & processes and compensation & rewards programs.
- Conduct and manage investigation of complaints and concerns that could result in legal ramifications; assess the severity, involve appropriate individuals and facilitate appropriate action based on policy and practice.
- Requirements include BA or BS Degree (or equivalent work experience), 3-5 years of experience in one or more HR disciplines (Total Rewards, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, HR Systems/Analytics)
- Knowledge of legal implications of the employment relationship
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and project management skills
- Strong and competent understanding and application of internal HR principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Foundational negotiation and mediation skills
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Quincy||(n/a)||Human Resources||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Compliance, Project Manager, HR Generalist, HR, Performance Management, Legal, Technology, Human Resources