$108,000 - $125,000
A plant with a rich history in the community and surrounding areas, and a premiere employer for over 50 years, this position is responsible for providing comprehensive HR leadership. The role requires strong knowledge of HR process and systems and an ability to maintain strong relationships with all levels of the organization. As a key member of the leadership team, you will be responsible for partnering with employees and leaders to align business and people strategies. This position offers growth potential in other geographic and functional areas of the company.
The purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive leadership and support in the functional areas of human resources for a non-union, chemical manufacturing site.
SCOPE / SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
* Partners with, influences and aligns plant business leaders on people strategies, workforce development, recruiting, and compensation
* Drives organizational results by enabling thoughtful, deliberate decisions regarding workforce and its impact on people
* Leads people efforts/processes at the plant around talent acquisition, talent development, retention, operations excellence and organizational culture
* Optimizes employee performance through ensuring maintenance of positive employee relations, and promotion of diverse and inclusive plant environment
* Partner to promote leadership development of all plant employees
* Drives strategic workforce planning through plant succession planning, identifying critical skills and overseeing the development of plant training programs
* Lead a variety of organizational engagement initiatives, through collaborative efforts with our corporate office, and partner with plant leadership to ensure implementation
* Partner with plant leadership and Supply Chain HR Leadership to define current and future business strategies in order to define and implement effective people strategies to support business
* Provide leadership and direction to the training program to ensure that it meets business needs
* Champions labor relations and supports corporate culture, by providing advice and counsel to plant leadership on personnel issues, actively promotes safety culture and participates in plant emergency response team.
* Serves as a technical expert regarding government laws and regulations relating to human resources, such as EEO, FLSA, ADA, ERISA, etc.
* Ensures adherence and provides interpretation for all policies
* Acts as the plant spokesperson for media relations
* Support plant community outreach objectives
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, or related field
* 5 years of progressive human resources experience
* Previous management or leadership experience is required
* Functional knowledge of HR law, policies, practices and programs
* The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and applicable federal and state employment laws.
* This position also requires strong leadership and communication skills, including the ability to develop strong relationships and networks, and influence change.
* The ideal candidate will also possess strategic and critical thinking skills and experience in leading change management.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL ALSO POSSESS:
* Previous HR Leadership experience and experience in an industrial setting
* A Master's Degree in Human Resources, or related field
* Industry or prior manufacturing experience
* Previous experience as a people leader
* Strategic and critical thinking skills
If qualified, e-mail resume and you will be contacted