HR Leader - Chico, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
A comprehensive relocation package may be available
Regional HR Leader - West
* May function as part of the leadership team to consult, advise and support plant leaders
* Acts as the on-site HR support for day-to-day HR activities for a single plant, but may "flow to the work" as demand rises/falls within that region
* Leverage specialized knowledge about the unique plant's practices, business needs, people, and procedures to execute HR tasks
* Support the functional strategy by assisting Plant Managers and plant leaders in designing programs, policies, and practices to attract, retain, and/or engage talent in alignment with the business strategy
* Perform all recruiting activities for technical and hourly employees including sourcing, screening, interviewing, etc.
* Handle site-specific and sensitive employee and labor relation issues with employees at the plant, leveraging the Center of Excellence for consultation and practices/policies/templates
* Provide functional support to Regional HR Leader regarding programs and practices; may also support Regional HR Leader for regional HR work as requested
* May perform day-do-day activities related to the organizational pillar of the Smucker Quality Management System ("SQMS") under the guidance of the Senior HR Leader or Regional HR Leader
* May perform tasks to support local site operations such as coordinating community relations or employee appreciation events, issuing badges, or managing other site activities (e.g., donations or giveaways, visitor coordination, plant uniforms, lockers, mailboxes, communications)
* Draft functional communication materials and trainings for Operations/Plant HR review and approval
* Provide input to the HR Shared Services (HR SSC) team or Centers of Excellence regarding localized needs and the effectiveness of HR programs & services
* Handle casework escalated from HR SSC or the external provider as appropriate.
* Maintain all compliance requirements; analyze and correct errors and ensure proper quality controls are in place to avoid future errors
* Support Regional HR Leader or Plant Operations with the execution of compliance programs, internal audits, external audits, and government audits
* Work with the HR SSC team to review and assist with the ongoing development, evaluation, and maintenance of documentation to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes
* A Bachelor's degree is required
* At least 5 years of HR manufacturing experience is required; CPG, Labor Union, and Shared Service Center environment experience is preferred
* Experience with Microsoft tools and applications is required
* ERP system experience is required; Workday is preferred
* Familiarity with California laws is preferred
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.