HR Manager / Business Partner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 2/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Purpose
The HR Manager / Business Partner acts as a key partner to assigned function groups in all areas of talent management and performance. Along with the Director of Human Resources, this position will build a high performing company culture.
* Workforce Planning / Succession Planning Build career ladders, forecast new requirements, prepare and track succession and training development plans.
* Performance Management - Provide expertise to managers in the execution of the annual review cycle, semi-annual People Review and other performance actions, including pulse checks, action plans and terminations. This includes review, follow-up and approval of documentation and delivery participation, as appropriate.
* Employee Relations - Represent HR to assigned departments as the primary contact for all employee relations and FMLA matters. This includes proactively implementing manager/team-building activities, coaching employees on internal career paths, responding to general policy and process questions and providing dispute/conflict resolution and mediation skills, as necessary.
* Hiring - Partner with hiring managers (within assigned departments) and when applicable the Acquisition team to fill open positions with top-notch candidates within our time-to-fill goals. Responsible for internal job placements and redeployment activity, including effective career path discussions, for the positions within the Business Partner s division(s)
* Employee Development and Training - Partner with Director of Human Resources to create content and run specific management development programs.
Compensation - Assist with job evaluation ensuring meaningful career paths and a compelling Total Rewards program that supports hiring and retention of high performers. Qualifications / Experience / Skills
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES:
* Baccalaureate degree in Business Management or Human Resource/Industrial Relations
* 7+ years of progressive human resources management and leadership responsibilities or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.Advanced degree preferred
REQUIRED SKILL IN:
* Ability to interface at all levels both inside and outside the company required.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: N/A
GKN Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)