HR Manager 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE:
DC HR Manager
* The HR Manager will provide support for all HR and office functions and serve as a liaison between employees at local branch and the corporate office and will work closely with local management to ensure success of the branch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Recruiting responsibilities including: pre-screening, interviewing, reference checking, tracking background requests, and offers.
* Conduct New Hire Orientation ensuring all necessary paperwork is completed within legal timelines.
* Conduct Benefit Orientation for all eligible employees and assure paperwork is complete as needed.
* Provide excellent internal customer service by answering benefit, pay and policy inquiries.
* Aggressively manage the Workers Compensation Process with employees, physicians and the insurance carrier.
* Ensure the Time Keeping system is audited and accurate for weekly payroll.
* Effectively manage through employee relations issues.
* Effectively engage with employees by spending time on the warehouse floor and understanding their positions.
* Event planning and organization, both large events and small monthly acknowledgements.
* Create and deliver training presentations to both management and non-management employees.
* Assist DC in process improvement.
* Exercise excellent communication skills to employees at any level.
* Create reports and analyze information effectively and consistently to identify trends and make recommendations.
* Effectively manage time to complete assignments within established timelines.
* Work with little or no supervision.
* Assist with special projects and presentations.
* Ensure the office staff is productive, efficient, and cross-trained.
* Be available in work location and on the warehouse floor to assist as needed and resolve issues as required.
* Regularly communicate with the facility management on issues that arise and be able to react as required.
* Promote a safe working environment.
* Keeps work area neat, clean and hazard free.
* Other related duties as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibility for the office staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* 2 or 4 year degree in Human Resources field or a related field preferred.
* 2-5 years experience in Human Resources, preferably in manufacturing or distribution.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook.
* Experience with time and attendance systems.
* Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
* Flexible to work on various shifts, as required.
* Overtime, Weekends, Holidays, as required.
Ability to read, write, and speak English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to management and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHR, SPHR, preferred
CA certification preferred for California location
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an HR Generalist to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the HR Manager is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with arms, talk and hear. The HR Manager will frequently be required to stoop, kneel and crouch. The HR Manager occasionally will be required to climb, or balance. The HR Manager may regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, and the ability to work with a computer screen for prolonged periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an HR Manager encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job of being on the warehouse floor, the HR Manager is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The HR Manager is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually high (loud). May be exposed to extreme heat in summer and/or cold in winter. While performing functions in the office, will be exposed to fluorescent lighting, and standard heating and cooling systems.