This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription The Human Resource Manager (HRM) functions as an HR Business Partner (HRBP) to the location General Managers as well as members of the operating locations leadership team with the primary responsibilities of building manager effectiveness with people management for assigned location(s), including the key areas of performance management, employee engagement, team member development, talent management, and change management. Leverage COEs and shared service groups to deliver on business needs. This role has multi-site responsibility, travel approx. 50% of the time.
* Build strategic working relationships with managers and leadership team. Seek and share information and use appropriate influence strategies to gain genuine commitment.
* Create, facilitate, and provide educational sessions on a variety of people management topics. Follow up on training to ensure understanding and implementation of key themes.
* Develop managerial talent assessment capabilities. Educate and assess managers on behavioral based interviewing. Lead annual Talent Review process.
* Work with all managers/supervisors to ensure that all team members receive a well-rounded, written performance review and that rewards are linked to these appraisals in accordance with company compensation philosophy.
* Work with GM to create location goals and objectives that can be cascaded throughout the location to drive coordinated efforts and accountability.
* Partner with management team at location to identify talent and create targeted development plans; work with HR Director to identify development opportunities for high potential team members.
* Work with location leadership team to implement tools and processes for managing change. Partner with managers to implement change management for targeted areas.
* Educate managers in the counsel and discipline of team members through development of coaching skills and written documentation capabilities.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
* Review location performance against key people performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
* Effectively model leadership by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all team members are treated with respect.
* Enforce all company policies and procedures related to team member and client conduct.
* Partner with various support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, Operations, Safety, Security, Marketing, and Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
* Remain abreast of workers compensation and related employment laws (e.g., OSHA, FMLA, ADA, etc.) and provide education to location managers/supervisors; coordinate any related situations with Employee Service Center (ESC).
* Perform other duties as assigned by HR Director.
* Bachelor s degree in Human Resources Management and/or Business strongly preferred.
* HR certification(s) required (either HRCI or SHRM based credentials).
* 5+ years of experience as a human resources manager or equivalent experience required.
* 2+ years training delivery required. Effective presentation and facilitation skills required.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required: oral, written, plus experience in presenting to groups.
* Strong business acumen, effective management, leadership, time management and organizational skills necessary.
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, out of state travel is required.
* Experience or exposure to change management principles desired.
* Knowledge of local, state and federal labor and employment laws required.
* Professional membership with SHRM or local chapter desired.
* Competent computer skills and software knowledge essential.
* Ability to influence business results through HR processes.
* Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance, color, and depth perception.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Primary Location:US-FL-Lakeland-8025 State Rd 33 N
Travel:Yes, 50 % of the Time