This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Manufacturing / Diversified Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONHR MANAGER
The HR Manager is to provide leadership in driving the culture defined by the organization to include an emphasis on safety and the Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles. This role is responsible for establishing and implementing HR strategies to support the overall objectives of the company and the performance objective of the assigned unit.
* Implement and maintain processes locally to ensure data integrity in the HRIS system.
* Represent management in investigating, answering and settling grievances and employee complaints of moderate complexity.
* Participate in conducting training needs assessments. Provide input on priorities and overall recommendations.
* Develop and maintain successful working relationships with management team in order to influence and provide effective HR processes, advice and support.
* Provide proactive consultation and direction to management in areas of employee/labor relations, performance management, training and development, and overall organizational effectiveness.
* Organize and participate in selection and hiring process. Interview and screen applicants, recruit prospective employees, and coordinate searches.
* Increase understanding and consistent application of SWM policies, procedures, and practices through training, coaching, one-on-one communication and policy interpretation.
* Primary contact for employees and managers to answer inquiries and provide general employee information including: benefits, attendance, performance reviews/evaluations and terminations.
* Administer the defined processes for talent acquisition, training and leadership development, career development, and compensation and benefits.
* Coach and support on performance management, feedback and development process. Review and process Performance Appraisals, Performance Improvement Plans and Career Development Plans.
* Oversee salary administration to include annual merit review process.
* Coordinate meetings between union leadership (where applicable), employees and the management team to facilitate the dispute resolution process.
* Represent management in the analysis of employee misconduct and recommend appropriate disciplinary action where appropriate.
* Develop and monitor the local HRbudget.
* Participate in Global and Regional HR team projects as required.
* Additional duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related field
* 3-5years professional experience in a manufacturing environment required
* Strong knowledge of state and federal regulations
* Ability to respond to significant inquiries or issues from employees, managers or government agencies
* Excellent interpersonal and written skills
* Ability to effectively build relationships at all levels of the organization
* Experience in successfully resolving employee relations issues, and creating/maintaining a positive employee relations