This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
HR Personnel Services
Santa Barbara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client a Human Services organization is looking for an HR Generalist who be responsible for planning, coordinating and processing required human resources documents related to the organizations benefits, employment, classification and compensation systems, unemployment, equal employment opportunity, personnel policies, and training activities.
* Assists the Director in the analysis, maintenance, revision, and evaluation of the organization's human resources activities within a centralized and automated department;
* Provides advice and guidance to various management personnel regarding employee relation issues, including coaching, corrective action, and termination situations.
* Applies the organization's employment procedures and maintains appropriate Personnel Policies and practices and procedures for the organization.
* Communicates and interacts with outside agency representatives, organizational personnel, and others regarding Human Resources Department functions and activities.
* Develops recommendations to improve and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of operations such as personnel files, job descriptions, workers' compensation plan, unemployment forms, reference checks, etc.
* Recommends and implements changes to personnel records management systems.
* Publishes human resource reports such as utilization analysis, benefit calculations, special employee notices, etc..
* Assists in benefit arrangements for medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and other related plans.
* May represent the company at meetings and on committees, and maintains liaison relationship with other human resources representatives.
* Responsible for processing all documents related to employment and termination of employees.
* Assists in the COBRA administration of benefits, workers' compensation benefits and related OSHA reports, and other personnel related matters.
* Assists the Human Resources Director with the receipt, processing, and resolution of grievances, appeals, and cases of alleged discrimination or unfair employment practices.
* Locates and retrieves files and automated documents and reports as required, checks for missing information, and identified deficiencies in system and procedures.
* Receives human resources correspondence, screens applications, directs mail, composes answers to routine correspondence.
* Resolves routine personnel problems in person, by phone and through correspondence with others.
* Develops and implements recruitment activities including advertisements, job fairs, promotional brochures and flyers, etc..
* Participates in the development and administration of advertising budgets; establishes recruitment relationships with community service agencies, develops recommendations to improve and increase effectiveness of recruitment efforts.
* Maintains employee referral bonus system, implements recruitment incentives, plans and implements retention goals.
* Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or GED plus 3-5 years' experience in human resources. (Any combination of training and experience that demonstrates the necessary skills may be substituted for the aforementioned experience.)
* Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in human resource management from an accredited college; or a bachelor's degree in any field plus one (3) year experience in human resources or human resource certification.