HR Manager 8/30/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Trimble is recruiting for a HR Manager to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
The HR Manager provides leadership for both strategic and day-to-day HR functions, including but not limited to: employee relations, staffing, performance management, labor relations, total reward systems, learning and development, change management, organizational development, leadership coaching, succession planning, and data tracking and analytics. The successful candidate will engage in a true business partnership approach, championing the needs of the business while operating in a balanced and collaborative way within the constructs of the broader matrixed company and the worldwide HR team. The HR Manager will be responsible for a global client base, directly supporting senior leaders (General Managers and Business Area Directors) and all levels of employees. He/she will apply exemplary objective judgment to the resolution of complex issues and rigorous hands-on attention to detail accuracy and process clarity and consistency.
* STRATEGIC BUSINESS PARTNER -- Actively engage with leaders and managers to gain a strong understanding of the business. Partner to identify broad, chronic organizational challenges or opportunities. Bring thought-leadership to the crafting and implementation of strategies to effectively address. Participate in developing HR strategies, plans, and systems that support business goals and objectives. Evaluate decisions and results regarding established goals and recommend approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business efficiency. Bring a strategic mindset to all situations, and a disciplined tactical approach to implementation.
* Relationships and Communication -- Build strong relationships within the assigned client group, global HR, and across the company in order to communicate and align business and HR strategy. Be an exceptional communicator -- able to listen deeply, articulate clearly with all levels of audiences, and write succinctly -- who can connect authentically and professionally in all circumstances.
* Change Agent -- Act as a liaison for leading change. Assist in the modification of systems, processes, and structures to support needed change. Monitor progress, and develop long and short-term plans to keep attention focused on change.
* Organizational Development -- Collaborate with senior management to create and maintain an organization that is focused on market-driven activities, but is agile enough to react to changes in the market. Partner to define and develop the appropriate organizational culture to grow and sustain the business and engage employees.
* Coach and Mediate -- Create sustained solutions to leadership, management, team, and employee relations' challenges through a variety of investigative, coaching, and mediation techniques. Bring an objective, mature, professional approach to listening and resolution. Work to determine root causes of issues and apply a systematic approach and relevant solutions consistent with legal requirements and Trimble philosophy.
* Mergers and Acquisitions -- Work collaboratively with the business, HR, and appropriate corporate functions to effectively manage mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures as needed by the business. Provide hands-on engagement to effectively integrate new organizations into Trimble culture, values, philosophies, and practices while acknowledging and addressing any company, geographic, cultural, and legal differences.
* Global Awareness -- Bring a curiosity to learn, cultural awareness, and a sense of internationalism to effectively engaging with global colleagues. Be willing and able to travel as often, and as spontaneously, as needed both domestically and internationally to address or participate in business and organizational issues and opportunities.
* HR Consultant -- Provide or facilitate the provision of HR subject matter expertise in all HR generalist functions. Manage and coordinate the implementation of HR programs, processes, and systems. Develop, recommend, and implement organizational policies and procedures. Assist employees and managers in the navigation and implementation of company processes. Facilitate organization, leadership, and employee development efforts -- including the management of learning vendors as appropriate.
* HR OPERATIONAL/ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERT -- Partner with the worldwide HR team (and external specialists) to execute HR initiatives and priorities within the client organization. Manage and maintain EEO and affirmative action requirements or comparable fair employment practices as required by legislation. Bring knowledge of laws and regulations governing US employment practices. Pay rigorous attention to detail and accuracy in the tactical execution of all processes.
* Other duties as required.
Skills & Experience Required:
* Proven ability to develop a high level of personal credibility and trust at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to identify problems central to business strategy and anticipate potential obstacles to success.
* Keen understanding of leadership principles, practices, and development. Demonstrated formal and informal leadership ability.
* Extensive knowledge of Human Resources principles, labor law and best practices.
* Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Strong employee relations and management partnering skills.
* Strong project management and high analytical capabilities with proven ability to take ownership and accountability for work and deliver results.
* Ability to effectively work both independently and collaboratively under pressure and in situations of ambiguity.
* Demonstrated application of sound judgment and discretion dealing with complex issues.
* Demonstrated experience with HR information systems, preferably Workday and Taleo.
* Strong computer office skills, preferably Google applications.
* Detail-oriented with excellent organization and prioritization skills.
* High time flexibility required to support global client base in various time zones.
* Ability to coach at all levels within the organization -- influencing, facilitation, presentation, negotiation, communication, process development, analysis, and problem-solving skills are essential.
* Experience in culture management and ability to translate desired company culture into specific employee and managerial behaviors.
* Demonstrated experience applying performance management tools to ensure maximum utilization of skills and talent.
* Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to a constantly changing business environment in a supervisory or individual contributor role.
* Strong team player with positive, optimistic solutions-oriented approach.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor s degree in Business Administration with HR/management emphasis or related field, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience. Master s degree in HRM preferred.
* Minimum 5-8 years in increasingly more responsible HR leadership roles. Global high tech experience preferred with some international HR experience.
* Experience supporting sales, engineering, and manufacturing preferred.
* Experience in an agile software environment preferred.
* HR Certification highly desired. SPHR or GPHR preferred
* Experience working in a matrixed and decentralized organizational structure is highly desirable.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally is required.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to