HR Manager 8/30/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Trimble is recruiting for a HR Manager to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
The HR Manager provides leadership for both strategic and day-to-day HR functions including; employee relations, staffing, performance management, labor relations, employment equity programs, and managing reward systems. Incumbent supports in the areas of compensation, benefits, staffing, training and organization development. Incumbent also develops and monitors effective HR systems and provides responsive support and advisory service to all employees and from worldwide offices as necessary. Provide dedicated support to General Managers and Business Area Leaders.
Measures of Success:
* Participates in developing global company, division and department level HR strategies, plans, and systems that support business goals and objectives.
* Evaluates decisions and results regarding established goals and recommends approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business efficiency.
* Collaborates with senior management to create and maintain an organization that is focused on market driven activities, but that is agile enough to react to changes in the market
* Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures
* Resolves employee relations issues with a systematic approach. Works with employees and managers to determine root causes of issues and applies relevant solutions consistent with legal requirements and Trimble philosophy
* Manages and coordinates the implementation of staff training, management development activities and performance management systems. Facilitates organization, leadership and employee development efforts
* Manages training vendors to bring in house necessary training programs as needed for the enhancement of the division/organization staff and/or management t
* Manages and maintains EEO and affirmative action requirements or comparable fair employment practices as required by legislation.
Skills & Experience Required:
* Proven ability to develop a high level of personal credibility
* Ability to identify problems central to business strategy and anticipate potential obstacles to success
* Extensive knowledge of Human Resources principles, labor law and best practices
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Good time management and project management skills.
* Ability to coach at all levels within the organization; influencing, facilitation, presentation, negotiation, communication, process development, analysis, and problem solving skills are essential.
* Experience in culture management and ability to translate desired company culture into specific employee and managerial behaviors.
* Demonstrated experience applying performance management tools to ensure maximum utilization of skills and talent
* Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to a constantly changing business environment in a supervisory or individual contributor role.
* Bachelor s degree in Business Administration with HR/management emphasis or related field. Master s degree in HRM preferred.
* Minimum 5-8 years in increasingly more responsible HR leadership roles. Global high tech experience preferred with some international HR experience.
* PHR required. SPHR or GPHR preferred
* Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Strong employee relations and management partnering skills. Strong project management and high analytical capabilities with proven ability to deliver results. Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing US employment practices.
* Demonstrated formal and informal leadership ability.
* Experience working in a matrixed and decentralized organizational structure is highly desirable.
* Ability to travel domestically is required.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Those who successfully lead others to meet our objectives are vital to our organization. Leadership at Trimble is much more than simply exercising assigned authority; we expect our leaders to embrace a mission-focused leadership style, by continually adapting to circumstances while not losing sight of the end goal; demonstrating strength of character, intellect and the ability to convert ideas to reality.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D