HR Operations Coordinator - IL Lisle
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking a HR Operations Coordinator to join our HR Operations team at our Lisle, IL location. Successful candidate's primary responsibility will be performing weekly payroll processing and benefits administration tasks and a variety of diverse administrative general office functions as well as organization of information.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Provides day-to-day support for local HR regional contacts in the performance of their duties (such as reviewing locations new hire entries from People Fluent data base, termination codes, data correction change requests, electronic Manager Self Service (MSS) submissions, verifying approvals, entries and changes before submission into ADP mainframe, confirmation of dates and validity of the entry)
* Facilitates information flow and employee data in ADP suite of products including, Ev5, ESS, MSS, Enterprise eTime and vendor interfaces. Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves issues or refers issues as appropriate.
* Responds to inquiries about ADP systems or data issues HR, supervisors, ADP Employee Service Center and other ADP associates as needed.
* Assists in development and maintenance of HR/PR process documentation
* Maintains internal controls and audits processes on an on-going basis.
* Performs periodic audits to ensure information is accurate and follows operating guidelines.
* Assures timely and accurate set up and maintenance of new hire work flow, entry of vacation eligibility accruals in accordance with offer letters and company policies.
* Provides feedback to HR Operations Manager regarding vendor and system user performance, and suggests process improvements or training required to improve accuracy and timeliness.
* Performs weekly payroll process quality control, including balancing, edits and other auditing. May assist with processing weekly payroll, including data input.
* Facilitates funding of payroll as directed by outsourced HRO provider
* Tracks and maintains annual 3rd party sick pay and imputed income.
* Works directly with HRIS Analyst and Director Labor Relations, to understand and update necessary ADP system setups using the finalized CBA agreements.
* Processes, compiles and sends union dues to union as remittance each week, using current automated ADP interface output reports.
* Gathers and sends legal orders (garnishments, wage attachments, medical support, court-ordered notifications, and verification of employment) to outsourced HRO provider for processing.
* Ensures all payroll taxes are withheld appropriately and are remitted timely.
* Reviews, forwards and/or responds to agency notices.
* Researches, analyzes and resolves payroll tax issues.
* Ensures payroll tax compliance.
* Verifies tax information on all new hires, rehires and transferred employees via ADP multi jurisdiction reports.
* Identifies new jurisdiction set-ups, complete employer identification number application forms, submit to tax agencies and communicate to outsourced payroll provider.
* Monitors and verifies all tax deposits and tax returns for accuracy using ADP tax software.
* Assists with beginning of the year, quarterly and year end procedures and reporting, including W-2 production.
* Handles administrative duties including filing, copying, faxing etc.
* Performs other duties and or special projects as necessary.
* 3-5 years of HR/Payroll and accounting experience.
* Associates degree in business administration or FPC certification preferred
* ADP Enterprise, PeopleSoft or SAP payroll experience preferred
* ADP Time and Labor Management (TLM/ eTime) experience required
* Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
* Experience with federal/state/local/school district/unemployment taxes
* Experience processing garnishments
* Knowledge and understanding of regulations (FLSA, wage/tax law and record keeping)
* Able to maintain confidentiality of benefit and compensation information
* Very good organizational skills
* Solid basic math skills
* Great attention to detail; accuracy
* Ability to learn relatively complex administrative procedures.
* Meets deadlines
* Excellent communication skills required to interact with employees, administrators, HR personnel or third party administrators
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.