HR Partner - Business Unit 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The HR Partner is responsible for providing human resources consultation to managers and associates in one or more BUs. Implements BU specific people programs and processes. Coaches managers and associates on a variety of HR-related issues. Gains credibility by building collaborative relationships with the BU managers and associates as well as the HR organization.
JOB TYPE - Contract
* STRATEGIC PARTNER - Provide direction for the BUs in the area of strategic HR planning and operations. Partner with GVPs and managers to provide a broad range of HR consultation, solutions and
services to the BUs.
* TRUSTED ADVISOR - Coach managers and associates on their effectiveness and performance. Effectively use influence and negotiation strategies to secure support from stakeholders for support of key initiatives.
* EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT - Along with the company's strategic imperatives and values, ensure a collaborative workforce based on shared goals and accountability. Provide opportunity for all associates, effective leadership and a fair and consistent workplace.
* EMPLOYEE RELATIONS - Serve as primary point of contact for managers and associates in actively responding to and addressing associate concerns in a timely, cost efficient manner. Conduct complete investigations and make recommendations based on findings/facts. Escalate issues/concerns to HR leadership and BU leadership as appropriate. Collaborate with HR leadership and inside counsel as needed to address complex or highly sensitive issues.
* WORKFORCE PLANNING - Create and revise role profiles as needed to meet the needs of the business and workforce plan. Collaborate with BU finance partner to ensure alignment with financial budgetary requirements and company forecast cycle. Open vacancies in a timely manner to facilitate the recruiting process.
* RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION - Partner with Recruiting to ensure a conscious, deliberate approach to attracting and retaining top talent from both inside and outside the organization. Ensure best in class processes and workflows for candidate life cycle are established and executed on.
* ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT/DESIGN (OD) - Provide guidance on the BUs' current organizational state and future requirements and take the lead in ensuring organization changes are implemented in a timely and accurate manner. Demonstrate an understanding of BUs' strategies, the competitive landscape, and current and potential future business challenges. Implement long and short term solutions to meet business needs.
* SUCCESSION PLANNING - Support leadership preparation for OC and BU annual talent review sessions. Participate in BU talent reviews in order to help identify top talent and succession planning strategies. Recommend and implement retention strategies to minimize unwanted attrition, particularly in BU critical roles, specialty skill sets, and in highly competitive critical market places.
* COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS - Participate in leading annual salary, bonus/commission, and equity planning process with BU leadership, ensuring highest performers are compensated in line with their business impact and contributions. Provide compensation analyses and recommend market adjustments as needed to ensure top talent is retained. Collaborate with global compensation and benefits partners to drive participation in annual benefits enrollment processes.
* CHANGE MANAGEMENT - Manage change in BUs to influence organizational culture. Implement change programs as business needs dictate.
* KEY BUSINESS AND HR METRICS are met or exceeded, such as turnover, hiring plans, improved business unit and individual performance, effective succession planning.
* Achieves high level of client satisfaction as reflected in client feedback.
* Effective implementation of HR programs and execution of day to day HR processes and performance management activities with minimal risk to the organization. analytical and accuracy skills in the use of data and analysis
* The individual is viewed as a key critical partner to the business.
* Proactively implements programs and/or strategies that help the business unit achieve results.
* BU GVP leaders, managers and associates. HR Leadership Team, partners and centers of excellence. Inside and outside legal counsel. External regulatory bodies.
* Bachelor's degree 8-10 years of progressive HR generalist or related experience.
* Proven HR Generalist skills including employee relations, employment law, compensation, performance management, recruitment, and training and development.
* Ability to deliver HR programs to effectively address business issues.
* Proven coaching and conflict resolution skills.
* Strong influence skills.
* Successful track record of superior service delivery, and ensuring time, resources, energy and actions are focused on priorities that matter to the business.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members in a matrix environment.
Consistent demonstration of integrity, collaboration, no limits mindset, objectivity, and delivering results consistently using global best practices.* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective presentation and platform skills required.