HR Process Improvement Consultant 8/16/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY KNOWLEDGE strong experience with project management tools and methodologies.
* Able to identify, analyze, and resolve problems logically and systematically. Demonstrated ability to use a deep understanding of business objectives and issues, probe to root cause, to provide insightful, fact-based analysis to solve complex problems.
* Strong project team leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to manage large global cross-functional teams, guide a team to a shared vision, and provide team with a clear sense of direction.
* Proactive, organized, and detail oriented; able to ensure rigor and accuracy while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving organization Demonstrated ability to exercise intellectual courage and integrity to ask challenging questions, hold others accountable, and influence others towards positive change.
* Effective consulting, negotiation, leadership, verbal/written communication, and listening skills across cultures.
* Knowledge of HR processes, best practices, service delivery models, and HRIS systems.
* Ability to develop effective business relationships and build consensus; facilitate collaboration and communication, and to influence others without formal authority.
* Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Process Modeling software, such as Visio or Gliffy. Experience with HRIS technologies, Workday strongly preferred.
* Ability to work with virtual teams in all time zones; ability to conduct meetings outside of normal pacific time business hours to accommodateother regions.
* Lean or Six Sigma certification desired
* BA/BS in information technology, human resources, business administration, or related field
* The HR Process Improvement Consultant drives process engineering, standardization, and operational efficiency for all HR operations and processes globally. This position has the opportunity to dramatically improve HR operations, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction levels by reducing manual work and streamlining processes. Educates and coaches the HR staff on process improvement principles, methodology, tools, and techniques. Personally facilitates and leads high-visibility process excellence projects and provides oversight of a global portfolio of HR process excellence projects. Oversees all process engineering implementation projects, including timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope, and success criteria.
* Collaborating with global project teams, lead and facilitate process engineering projects to achieve standardization and operational efficiency.
* Continuously improve a process design/improvement methodology and toolset which is customized for the HR group and is business-focused, customer-focused, and operationally excellent. Train and coach HR staff to lead process design/improvement teams.
* Drive and facilitate process mapping, Voice of the Customer, and issue analysis activities and analysis. Advocate for the User Experience, and facilitate process design teams in building VOC and UX into their analysis. Research and identify the root causes for HR operations issues and own resolution.
* Act as the steward of customer-driven, data-driven process design discipline and rigor. Act as the steward of strategic and analytical thinking and frameworks throughout all process teams.
* Oversee the functional outcome of all process design projects and serve as the overall architect of cross-functional and interdependent solutions to ensure all stakeholders are aligned with the end-to-end solution.
* Track and report status of various process improvement and implementation projects. Prioritize highest ROI projects and activities. Evaluate project scope and complexity, develop and execute workplans and timelines, track and mitigate project issues and risks.
* Collaborate with HR staff to develop and maintain a knowledge base for HR processes, policies, and tools.
* Manage the overall Employee Communication and Change Management process, including branding, UX, documentation, training, user acceptance, and support. Analyze implication of changes on existing processes, tools and interfaces based on knowledge of interdependencies of related functions and systems. Manages various cultural, regional, and business-unit-specific changes, and consults with HR Managers to drive organizational changes. Provide regular and effective communicates regarding HR programs and processes.