HR Representative II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Round Rock, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Provides a wide variety of advanced Human Resources related clerical and administrative duties. Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity and may be within one or more functional areas of HR to include front desk coverage, applicant screening, new hire onboarding, compliance, report generation, records and file maintenance. Work is generally of a critical or confidential nature and requires a broad knowledge of human resources, department and company practices, policies, procedures, systems and programs.
* Performs advanced clerical duties with a high degree of urgency in a frequently changing fast paced environment.
* Provides courteous and timely internal customer service to associates and management staff and provides external customer service to applicants. Answers internal and external customers' questions and refers questions to appropriate individual if beyond authority given.
* Stays informed of company and department policies and procedures.
* Handles sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
* Performs research and accurate data entry for applicant tracking, timekeeping, payroll, and/or HR spreadsheets. Adheres to set deadlines. Reviews and enters current-week data into TKC timekeeping system.
* Runs system queries and reports.
* Coordinates paperwork flow for data entry. Communicates with management staff and associates to avoid potential or resolve existing issues related to the impact of data entered.
* Works with the BrassRing team, Associate Service Center (ASC), and/or TPC to research and resolve issues, as needed.
* Processes employment verifications in coordination with the ASC
* Monitors the applicant area; explains application process to candidates and answers questions; administers online and manual screening tools to applicants following department guidelines and ensures all forms and processes are properly completed.
* Receives, logs and routes resumes and job applications.
* Screens resumes and applications for nonexempt jobs; conducts initial interviews; schedules interviews for applicants and hiring managers and recruiting staff; makes job offers and completes pre-employment processes.
* Responds to phone calls regarding hiring position requirements and applicant status. Responsible for mailing declined postcards to all applicants interviewed but not hired.
* Posts nonexempt internal job opportunities; verifies candidate eligibility; coordinates interview schedule with internal candidates and hiring managers; acts as the liaison with other businesses within SHC regarding internal transfers; maintains tracking in accordance with department and company guidelines.
* Prepares and distributes new hire class roster.
* Prepares and processes new hire paperwork.
* May participates in new hire orientation facilitation.
* Acts as a back-up to provide assistance with other functions within the department which may include: employee relations; compensation and benefits; activity coordination; and other areas as assigned.
* Maintains files and spreadsheets related to a variety of human resources functions and compliance measures and provides reports to department and company management as required.
* Performs other routine tasks which may include: assigning employee property; assisting customers with routine completion of forms; faxing, copying and distributing documents; maintaining personnel and payroll files; following procedures regarding ASC and other relevant Sears processes; processing incoming and outgoing departmental mail; maintaining and ordering office supplies and forms.
* Performs special assignments as requested by department or Company management.Skill/Knowledge/Experience Requirements:
1. Professional experience in an office environment.
2. Prior knowledge of human resources principles and practices strongly preferred.
3. Superior level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation and maintain a professional demeanor.
4. Ability to work independently and formulate effective action plans to accomplish objectives.
5. Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
6. Ability to exercise independent judgment and employ advanced reasoning skills.
7. Sense of urgency to accomplish tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
8. Exceptional ability to focus on details and maintain a high degree of accuracy in all areas of accountability.
9. Exceptional organizational ability to handle multiple complex tasks, establish priorities and consistently meet prescribed timeframes.
10. Superior customer service skills.
11. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
12. Group presentation skills.
13. Experience with payroll processing systems and HRIS database preferred.
14. Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, preferably Microsoft Office. General Work
1. Frequent sitting, some standing and walking, bending and reaching as necessary.
2. Frequent use of fingers/hands to manipulate computer, telephone and other standard office equipment.
3. Communicates with customers and co-workers and wears telephone headset continuously.
4. Lifts 11-20 pounds on a regular basis and pushes/pulls carts to move supplies from one location to another. Moves office furniture to set up meeting rooms for various events/training.
5. Frequent documentation by handwriting.Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.