HRM CARDIOLOGY TECH I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for HRM Cardiology Tech I
* Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
* Apply holters and cardiac monitors in the office
* Responsible for triaging abnormal holter and event monitor results
* Responsible for uploading, attaching to EMR, and assigning completed holters and cardiac monitor results to be read
* Responsible for assisting in managing Tracemaster tasks as needed
* Perform walk-in EKGs as needed
* Collaborates with other health care providers to assist in the adjustment of plan of care and implement changes as needed.
* Knowledge and understanding of proper billing and reimbursement as it applies to holters, event monitors, and EKGs
* Competently provides patient teaching and provides additional training/resources as needed
* Displays the ability to triage phone calls.
* Performs all duties and interactions with patients and staff in a way that demonstrates professionalism and leadership.
* Demonstrates population-specific competencies (e.g. age specific, cultural sensitivity, patient centered communication) in performance of role.
* Precise oral and written presentation skills needed to clearly convey information to patients, other medical personnel and provide feedback to and from holter and event monitor companies.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* BLS Certification required
* ACLS Certification preferred
* At least 2 years of cardiac experience required
* Valid Driver's License with reliable transportation to various outreach clinics required
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.