HS Facilities/Maintenance Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Child Care Resource Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Posting
CCRC is a one of the largest and widely respected non-profits in California. We cultivate child, family and community well-being through our creative, informative and supportive programs and services. Our 700+ member team serves over 35,000 children and families each month in Northern Los Angeles and San Bernardino Counties.
BE PART OF OUR TEAM
Want to work for a non-profit agency which believes in team work, having fun and achieving success* If so, CCRC could be the right place for you!
We are looking for a HEAD START FACILITIES/MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT with a proven track record of FACILITIES experience to support and maintain our Head Start Centers.
This is a temporary position which may last 6-8 weeks.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for food delivery to Head start sites; receiving and stocking warehouse or storage area; cleaning preschool, both interior and exterior and being aware and reporting all facility health and safety concerns.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL NEED:
* Graduation from High School or GED certificate required.
* Must hold class 3 California Driver s License and proper insurance as required with an acceptable driving record substantiated by a copy of DMV records.
* Must be familiar with San Fernando Valley streets and highways.
* Ability to relate to and communicate with staff, public, and parents both orally and in writing in English.
* Must be adaptable to varied situations.
* Must have basic building maintenance skills
* Must have basic computers skills, such as email access, and internet
* Required Fingerprint, Child Abuse Index, T.B. test, and Health clearances.
KEYS AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE THE ABILITY TO:
Transport food and /or supplies as assigned. Maintain inventory of food, supplies and utensils at centers.
Notify supervisor of vehicles in need of repair.
Assist in receiving of food and supplies, stock food and supplies in storage areas at central location and centers, stock classroom supplies at warehouse, maintain cleanliness and order of warehouse.
Clean and maintain centers as assigned.
Follow and complete daily maintenance checklist
Check center daily for any safety concerns
Maintain communication with Center Director and work as a team with teaching staff
CCRC OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE WHICH INCLUDES:
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Life and Long Term Disability insurance, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays including Winter Break, Paid Time Off, plus many other supplemental benefits such as, Credit Union membership and Professional Development Opportunities.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.