HSE (CIH) Consultant II / Project Manager - Akron/Cleveland, OH 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONA WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
HSE Consultant / Project Manager\'s job responsibilities:
* Conduct surveys, evaluations, and audits to identify and evaluate potential occupational health hazards (including noise, chemical exposure, silica, etc.) using knowledge of IH principles, concepts, and practices.
* Survey, assess, understand, and investigate health problems, determining the probable cause, provide consulting advice and recommend solutions.
* Develop and present industrial hygiene training programs at client locations.
* Advise client management on industrial hygiene issues, recommend actions to prevent or minimize health hazards.
* Perform indoor environmental quality investigations including asbestos, moisture and mold surveys, asbestos and mold remediation oversight, and general ventilation evaluations.
* Author and complete detailed technical reports supported with sampling, analysis, and/or evaluation data; citation of applicable references, and recommendations for any necessary abatement.
* Oversees technicians in the field for environmental and asbestos sampling and mentor less experienced consulting staff.
* Keep updated on compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact our clients.
* Extensive interaction with clients with growing responsibility for business development and proposals
* Expected to work independently and in project teams within the domestic network.
* Expected to work on multiple projects at one time.
* Expected to organize and meet client deadlines
* B.S. in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Health or related field education.
* Five (5) or more years of specialized work experience in the Industrial Hygiene, Health, and Safety field.
* Current Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) required.
* Existing regulatory certifications (e.g. Ohio DH Licenses) for asbestos, lead or mold are preferred.
* The employee will work in a variety of indoor/outdoor environments which will include commercial buildings, industrial and manufacturing facilities; May be exposed to inclement weather; Some overnight and local travel is required; The employee may be required to wear personal protective equipment and respiratory protection equipment (e.g., air purifying respirator).
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: