HSE Consultant I / Industrial Hygienist - Edison, NJ 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
HSE (Industrial Hygienist) Consultant position will be responsible for conducting evaluations of workplace health and safety risks for a wide variety of clients.
* Conduct surveys, evaluations, and auditing to identify and evaluate potential occupational health hazards (including noise, chemicals, and silica) using knowledge of IH principles, concepts, and practices.
* Survey, assess, understand, and investigate health problems, determining the probable cause, and recommending solutions
* Develops and presents industrial hygiene training programs at client sites.
* Advise supervision on industrial hygiene issues, recommending actions to prevent or minimize health hazards.
* Author and complete detailed technical reports supported with sampling, analysis, and/or evaluation data; citation of applicable references, and recommendations for any necessary abatement.
* B.S. in a Science, Technology, Environmental, Mathematics or related field
* 2 10 years of industrial hygiene or EHS experience
Desired Certifications & Licenses
* Current NY/NJ state Mold, Asbestos, and Lead certifications.
* Able to apply the fundamentals of IH to gather, document, and report monitoring data and make exposure judgments under the supervision of a more experienced industrial hygienist, who will review the data to ensure compliance with proper data collection procedures.
* Collect exposure measurement data using scientific industrial hygiene methodology and Investigate basic parameters of the exposure to determine risks compared with authoritative OELs.
* Capable of calibration of sampling pumps, using both primary and secondary standards, for aerosols (total, inhalable, thoracic, and respirable fractions), gases, fumes, and vapors.
* Comfortable with Industrial hygiene exposure calculations for chemical and noise exposure assessments.
* Excellent communicator with an emphasis on providing stellar customer service.
* Good technical writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)which allow for developing draft reports that are grammatically correct, easy to read, technically competent, and are client ready upon submittal for senior review.
* Comfortable conducting Asbestos, Lead based paint, Mold, and Indoor Air Quality investigations.
* Self-starter that is capable of working independently with minimal supervision or direction.
* Short duration travel is required
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: