HSE Consultant I - San Ramon, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Bureau Veritas North America, Bureau Veritas Holdings
San Ramon, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
Our company is seeking a generalist in industrial hygiene, ergonomics, environmental, health and safety to provide project industrial hygiene and environmental compliance support in the following areas: local, state, and federal regulations and permits related to air, water, hazardous waste, and hazardous materials management and employee monitoring. The position would be a full time Bureau Veritas position located in San Ramon Clara, California.
Required lEvel of education:
Bachelor s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Public Health, Engineering, Chemistry or Environmental or Science or related field.
Years of experience:
* 1 - 2 years of general environmental compliance and performing general industrial hygiene (IH), health and safety experience. An advanced degree in industrial hygiene, public health or sciences may be substituted for experience.
* Preferred industrial hygiene and environmental compliance and/or consulting experience demonstrated by knowledge of relevant standards, guidelines, and California regulations.
* Experience with reviewing local, state, and federal regulations and permits related to air, water, hazardous waste, and hazardous materials management and employee exposure monitoring. California experience is required.
* Self-starter with a positive attitude and with a willingness to work closely with others.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management.
* Ability to successfully execute technical projects with moderate direct supervision. Interact with all levels of staff/clients/contractors in a professional manner. Has interpreted project results and provided recommendations.
* Competent in writing progressively complex reports.
* Ability to understand instructions and to communicate findings, issues, and recommendations clearly.
* bility to gather and analyze facts and data, draw correct inferences from the information, weigh alternatives and present logical solutions to problems.
* Ability to present information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; ask appropriate questions in order to obtain information.
* Ability to plan, execute projects to scope, within budget and within timeframe.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: