HVAC Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY:
Provide an advanced level of skill in the design and application of HVAC products in order to meet requirements for customer satisfaction, product quality, cost efficiency, and manufacturability. Work closely with internal key team members on new product concepts and features. Independent judgment must be exercised frequently. Deliver results by applying skill and self motivation while having the freedom and responbility to decide work priorities and procedures to be followed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conceptualize, design and develop, in coordination with cross-functional teams, new and enhanced products, parts, applications and processes.
* Conduct prototyping and testing of new designs, interpreting test data and recommending improvements and/or corrective actions based on test data. May be required to set up and run test equipment. Testing may also include CFD modeling and results analysis.
* Interface with agencies associated with product certification, e.g., AHRI, ETL, UL.
* Work with supply chain team to evaluate materials and vendors, and perform cost analysis as required to implement new designs.
* Make recommendations for cost savings, product quality improvements and process changes on an ongoing basis.
* Maintain close contact with Manufacturing and Technical Support. Listen to the problems and ideas. Prioritize and pursue the most important concerns. Responsible for promptly resolving any and all design-related issues as they arise.
* Oversee the transition from design into Manufacturing (including submittal and BOM review), including any necessary documentation, training, and testing required for implementing new or changed designs.
* Maintain accurate and current documentation on design changes.
* Assist in prompt resolution of field concerns. Visit job sites, as necessary, to review installation and/or design problems, perform root cause analysis and provide timely resolution.
* Prepare layout and detail drawings and bill of materials (BOM) on new design requests.
* Provide technical consultation internally to Sales and Marketing personnel and externally to customers.
* Review/evaluate returned goods and determine root cause of failures and disposition of materials.
* Manage design projects both independently and with a team-based approach.
* Provide mentoring and training for new hires and other team members.
* Minimum of four-year engineering degree required, mechanical engineering preferred.
* Minimum 5 years of experience required.
* HVAC product and systems knowledge is required.
* Proven project management experience required.
* SAP ERP expertise or similar is required.
* Proven high level of analytical ability required.
* Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
* Autodesk Inventor or similar 3D CAD experience required.
* Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience preferred.
* Ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers.