HVAC Installation Mechanic Commercial Construction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
American Residential Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
ARS Rescue Rooter of North Charleston is looking for an experienced HVAC Installation Mechanic to join our Commercial Construction team full-time. The Installation Mechanic is capable of performing all four (4) stages of HVAC installations in new construction settings to include marking-out and measurement of HVAC systems, installation of piping and drain lines, duct work preparation and installation, setting HVAC units, wiring, finish and start-up. Applies journeyman level technical skills and a general knowledge of current industry codes, regulations and standards relative to all work to ensure complete, quality installation that meets inspection code.
* Reviews blueprints and marks out locations for HVAC systems in new construction. Identifies where air returns will go along with chimney location and bath fans.
* Interfaces with builders, contractors, home owners, architects, building inspectors and project managers to identify installation needs before laying out a duct configuration and during installation to receive changes in job requirements.
* Measures and determines duct sizing for proper air flow and ensures that proper amounts of duct and fittings are requested for the job. Cuts ductwork, applying site requirements in job preparation.
* Transports materials and tools to the job site and provides proper accounting of tools.
* Installs copper piping and drain lines.
* Cuts holes with saws according to mark outs, as needed, for HVAC installation.
* Installs exhausts for baths by running pipe from bath to outside. Sets up return air systems from the main floor upward. Installs hood vents and zone damper systems.
* Assembles HVAC units and condensers and places/installs air boxes, registers, thermostats, coils, air handlers, heat pumps, copper line sets and risers in the installation process.
* Stretches/lays out ductwork before installation to ensure accuracy in layout.
* Reads layout prints and installs duct/flex systems and equipment according to job requirements. Wraps duct with insulation and seals, as needed. Secures duct and places Company stickers on installed equipment.
* Installs refrigerant lines, fans, appliance vents, smoke detectors, humidifiers and grills. Brazes in freon lines and pressurizes with nitrogen.
* Tests equipment by releasing charge from unit, starting unit and checking pressures with gauges to ensure proper operation.
* Connects copper tubing from indoor unit to outdoor unit by means of high temperature soldering.
* Sets drain pans to meet drop flow rates and installs and tests drain lines to ensure proper installation.
* Ensures that all HVAC installations are accurate, serviceable and that materials used and workmanship meet the requirements of applicable technical/safety standards and regulatory codes. Makes any modification needed to ensure proper installation and air balance.
* Contacts supervisor or dispatch to discuss any problems on the job.
* Maintains and fuels Company service vehicle.
* Unloads and loads equipment and materials for jobs on service vehicle. Checks loaded equipment against pull sheet or invoice to ensure that all materials needed for installation are obtained.
* Provides on-the-job training and support to assigned Apprentice Helpers.
* Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area. Completes installations by thoroughly cleaning and removing all trash from the installation work site.
* Observes all safety and Company rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
Other duties as assigned. Job Requirements
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred
* A minimum of 2-4 years of HVAC or new construction experience is also required.
* Related experience and/or advanced training or any equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
* A valid driver's license is required.
* Must possess a working knowledge of local codes and general industry standards.
All candidates are required to undergo a pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
ARS/RESCUE ROOTER..."United by Exceptional Service"
AA EOE M/F D/V
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.