HVAC Lead Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
HVAC Lead Technician
Auto Req ID
The HVAC Lead Technician oversees the daily operation of the campus building management system(s). Applicant must have working knowledge and firm grasp of building automation logic with the ability to read / program code, identify functional problems with pressures/temperatures, valves and actuators and repair/install new equipment on an as-needed basis. This position requires a high level of technical expertise with a variety of HVAC automation systems supplied by multiple manufacturers (Siemens, Phoenix, ALC etc). Includes scheduling and planning the work and resource allocation necessary to installation, repair, and maintain all base building and critical system machinery and equipment. In addition, the Trade Lead is expected to coach team members.
* Oversees operation, repair and P.M. of building automation controls and valves directly relating to HVAC, electrical, piping/plumbing systems; determines frequency of repair and/or P.M. systems.
* Monitors operation and maintains heating and cooling valves, HVAC VAV controls, refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis.
* Checks malfunctioning equipment and puts corrective actions in place.
* Ensures that work is performed efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
* Prioritizes all PM s, corrective and emergent work orders for the site (annual, monthly, weekly, and daily).
* Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Identifies and remediates all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) issues as they arise. Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Completes all assigned JLL and Client required training and complies to the established training standards at all times.
* Has prior safety training such as NFPA 70e and OSHA10.
* Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
* Reviews and submits purchase requisitions completed for the facility.
* Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
* Will work with the client to schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed with minimal impact to the end users.
* Performs additional duties as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
* Experience in working with industrial chillers, air handlers, cooling towers, and freezers.
* Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
* Prior knowledge of working within a GMP environment is a plus.
* Capable of operating BMS and CMMS systems
* Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment.
* Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
* Able to work on roofs of buildings.
* Completion of written documentation is required.
* Directs the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed.
* Interface with projects and is responsible to ensure the right resources from the Operations Team get involved.
* Subject to call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions.
* The working environment is a pharmaceutical manufacturing and office location.
Minimum Required Education / Experience
* High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
* A college degree (Associate\'s, Bachelor\'s, Master\'s, etc.) or technical education is preferred.
* Holds a trade license (HVACR).
* Multi-discipline individuals preferred.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our website. Please reference Job 36875BR.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years.
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine.
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years.
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.