This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMcLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
Installs, operates, maintains and repairs all hospital mechanical and HVAC equipment and related machinery. Installs, operates maintains and repairs HVAC control systems including pneumatic, electro-pneumatic systems that controls all hospital building environments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Installs, repairs and maintains hospital commercial and domestic refrigeration systems, air conditioning, heating and ventilation systems according to manufacturers specifications.
* Design, install, maintain and repair air duct systems, refrigeration piping and control wiring, according to established procedures for heat load and equipment.
* Service pneumatic and electronic control systems encompassing humidification control systems, according to manufactures specifications,
* Perform seasonal maintenance on centrifugal and reciprocation chillers and water towers including 5-150 ton units.
* Perform water treatment and maintenance for cooling towers and chill water systems according to established procedures.
* Service ultra cold freezers and specialized medical and research refrigeration systems and environmental systems.
* Installs, inspects and maintains warm and cold air steam and hot water heating and ventilating units according to established procedures and manufacturers specifications.
* Maintains appropriate environmental conditions in all research, animal and computer areas, as demonstrated by maintaining humidity , thermometer, and air flow levels within acceptable ranges.
* Operate computer controls of building management systems, according to seasonal requirements.
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
Education: High School or trade school graduate
License: Massachusetts Refrigeration License
Skills: Knowledge of state and local building codes, blueprint reading and use of tools and materials. Ability to estimate time and materials needed to complete a job.
Experience: 4-year apprenticeship or equivalent on the job training AND 2 years experience preferred.
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.