This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Fort Belvoir, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: HVAC Mechanic
EMCOR Government Services has an opening for an HVAC Mechanic in Ft. Belvoir, Va. The HVAC Mechanic trouble shoots, repairs, installs, and performs preventative maintenance on all the HVAC systems within the FBCH hospital, the Central Utilities Plant ( CUP), and other buildings related to the contract by performing the following duties. This is a journeyman position and requires mechanical, electrical, and plumbing aptitudes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Monitors safe and efficient operations of HVAC/refrigeration systems in accordance with departmental requirements; corrects deficiencies according to PM/CM and manufacturers specifications.
* Conducts preventive maintenance on all HVAC and refrigeration systems, as well as fan coil or dx units, and other equipment as assigned.
* Installs and services new HVAC/refrigeration equipment. Perform all aspects of repairs to Air Handling Units ( AHU) to include filter replacement, bearing replacement, motor replacement, belt replacement and proper alignment.
Coordinates inspections, repairs and installation in consultation with staff in affected areas to minimize disruption of hospital operations.
Complete Work Order and Preventative Maintenance ( PM) paperwork in a timely and professional manner. Participates in the computerized maintenance management system ( DMLLS) for work and equipment documentation
Participate in the building management system ( Southland Industries system). Monitor design parameters for status and efficiency. Assist in programming recommendations for the system.
Track refrigerant loss, procurement, and storage per government standards.
Install, maintain and repair all field devices for the Temperature Tracking System.
Participate in the testing of HVAC shutdown by duct smoke detectors.
Performs both mechanical and electrical maintenance on the hospital cafeteria equipment.
Performs heating, ventilation, and air conditioning ( HVAC) maintenance on air conditioning units, fans, air handlers, water heaters, converters, duct work and system controls.
Request assistance from plumbers, painters, electricians, carpenters, and plant operators when necessary.
Repair and perform Preventative Maintenance ( PM) on pool control systems.
Be able to read and understand architectural and mechanical drawings.
Be able to read and understand manufacture s submittals and literature. Review and provide recommendations to preventive maintenance inspections and procedures.
Be able to specify and order material and replacement parts for equipment as necessaryEnsures compliance with department safety and quality standards to optimize effective utilization of resources and productivity.
Be able to understand and implement infectious control policies and procedures.
Follow and implement standard Lock Out Tag Out procedures
Complete Work Orders and Preventive Maintenance ( PM) paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
Attends weekly Tool Box safety meetings.
Obtain OSHA 10 General Industry Safety and Health certification. ( EMCOR provided training)
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to pass and maintain a Department of Defense Secret background investigation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Must complete a OSHA 10 General Safety and Health Training class ( supplied by EMCOR).
* Must have a current drivers license
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled