HVAC Mechanic (UNION)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Chugach Alaska Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer, Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The incumbent is responsible for installing, servicing and repairing environmental-control systems in residences, office buildings, and other commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Repairs, overhauls, maintains, and services industrial residential heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems and refrigeration units. Troubleshoots and locates malfunctions, diagnoses problems, and determines appropriate repairs.
* Adjusts, repairs, or replaces thermostats, pressure stats, relays, switches, and electrical wiring.
* Repairs or replaces compressors and components, electric motors, fans, belts, and pulleys.
* Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications.
* Fabricates, assembles and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment.
* Installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system, using hand tools.
* Services and repairs evaporators, condensers, and receivers. Repacks valves, lubricates moving parts, replaces filters, and cleans coils.
* Works from blueprints, drawings, models, and/or verbal and written instructions.
* Repairs components within a system to include transformers, motors, electrodes, solenoids, rheostats, and aqua stats.
* Maintains refrigerate inventory and consumption logs.
* Responds to call-outs after normal working hours as needed.
* Assists other trades and crafts personnel in their daily operations.
* Follows established safety procedures and utilizes safety protective equipment and clothing pertaining to particular trades or skills.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* General knowledge of hand and power tools.
* Ability to perform duties in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner.
* Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
* Ability to correctly use all safety equipment and clothing provided by management.
* Ability to maintain valid drivers license and an acceptable driving record.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Four (4) years experience as an HVAC technician.
* Possession of a universal refrigerant card issued by the EPA.
* Ability to comprehend, speak, read and write Basic English.
* Possession of a valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record
* Formal electrical technician training
* Ability to successfully pass a NACLC investigation, post-employment.
* Sheet metal fabrication experience.