HVAC Service Tech (Kansas City, KS)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJoin the Sears Home Services team as an HVAC Service Technician! This position has a Sign on Bonus
Up to $1000
Receive half within 1st 90 days of employment and the other half after 6 months.
No On Call Work! No Sundays! Join Us Today!
Are you looking for a role that offers you an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, innovative organization?
Then, we have the opportunity for you at Sears. The brand your family has trusted for over 150 years! New culture, New branding, New YOU!
We are seeking an experienced HVAC Service Technician with a great attitude and the ability to help customers with their in-home repairs. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Sears family! Apply today!HVAC Service Technician - Repair Technician - Appliance MaintenanceBenefitsAt Sears, we provide competitive pay and ongoing training in a collaborative, supportive, and team-oriented setting. In the repair technician role, you will enjoy working independently as a representative of a leading retailer and in-home service provider.For the HVAC Service Technician, we provide the following:* Service van* Specialized tools* Uniforms* Laptop computer* Smartphone* Home dispatched (most locations)* Industry training* Various incentive plans* Career opportunitiesPlease take a moment and view our 'day in a life of a repair technician video' at this link: Click here to See yourself at sears (Appliance Tech video) Job ResponsibilitiesAs an HVAC Service & Repair Technician, you will have the opportunity to repair of
customers' products (Heat Pumps, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Gas
and Oil Furnaces & Boilers) while maintaining the highest level of customer
service. HVAC Service Tech responsibilities include:* Providing timely and quality repairs of customers' products
* Maintaining high-quality customer service and care
* Promoting and selling additional products and services
* Meeting key performance metrics and/or productivity goals
* Providing knowledgeable and courteous repair service
* Looking for ways to improve business performance and enhance the customer experience
* Communicating benefits of the Value Added Services Process to the customer
* Maintaining truck stock inventory within the prescribed company guidelines and standards
* Following the truck maintenance schedule and keeping a clean, organized truck
HVAC Service Technician
As an HVAC Service Technician, you must be highly organized and possess excellent communication skills. We are seeking a dedicated team player who is able to ensure fast, flexible, and expert service to every customer via excellent time management skills.
Requirements of the Service Technician role include:Ideal candidates will have 2+ years' experience in HVAC service and repair. Strong
troubleshooting and problem solving skills required. * CFC Certification is required (applicants holding a master-level trade/occupational license(s), ie HVAC/Mechanical, Electrical, General Contractor, Plumbing may be used to qualify or given hiring preference and additional compensation based on business needs)
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Working mechanical knowledge, including the use of tools and test equipment* Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. * Ability to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, twist, reach and climb * Ability to drive and travel long distances of over 5 hours
* Ability to perform accurate repair of customer product
* Must complete all technician training elements within required timeframes
* Ability to follow directions and specific process steps to ensure quality workmanship
* Flexibility to work variable and flexible hours, including overtime
* Ability to use a computer for parts inquiries and ordering
* Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license
* Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background checkJoin the Sears Home Service family!
Apply today! Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.