HVAC Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
American Residential Services
Vero Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
AMERICAN RESIDENTIAL SERVICES is a national leader in residential HVAC and plumbing services. We provide exceptional heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and sewer and drain services to homes and businesses through our network of local professionals.
We are seeking an experienced HVAC SERVICE TECHNICIAN to join our team. We offer year round work, a comprehensive benefits package, uniforms, and well-equipped trucks.
SERVICE TECHNICIAN -TECHNICIAN - REPAIR TECHNICIAN
As a Technician, you will apply your technical skills and knowledge to maintain, troubleshoot, install, and repair ventilation, heating, and air conditioning systems used in residential settings. You will respond to service calls, drive to sites, greet customers, perform preventive maintenance, and/or troubleshoot malfunctioning systems/equipment to determine the nature of the problem.
Other responsibilities of the Technician role include:
* Performing preventive maintenance on equipment to prevent equipment failure
* Cleaning air handling systems and reheat coils
* Monitoring and calibrating air handling systems
* Replacing filters, motors, fans, belts, etc. on systems
* Repairing, replacing, and adjusting vents and duct work
* Cleaning air ducts to maximize efficiency and improve indoor air quality
* Assisting in locating and diagnosing problems
* Assessing extent of repairs and describing solutions and associated costs to the customer
* Assisting with repairs of complete systems
* Coordinating sales quotes for replacements and coordinating installation scheduling
* Providing proper accounting of tools and materials
* Completing all required documentation on services
* Explaining guarantees/warranties
* Collecting, recording, and delivering fees to the office
HVAC SERVICE TECHNICIAN - HVAC TECHNICIAN -REPAIR TECHNICIAN
At ARS, the value of your workmanship will never go unnoticed, and your opportunity to shine will never be in short supply. Enjoy the benefits of a year-round employment, a company vehicle, career advancement opportunities, and yearly-paid training. In addition to a great work environment, we provide a full range of benefits including:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurances
* Basic & Optional Life Insurance
* Paid PTO and Holidays
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Employee Assistance Program
* Health-Care Flex Accounts
* Short- & Long-Term Disability
* Uniforms and Well-equipped Trucks
HVAC SERVICE TECHNICIAN - HVAC TECHNICIAN- REPAIR
LET\'S WORK TOGETHER! APPLY TODAY! Job Requirements
As an HVAC Technician, you must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to diagnose existing systems, perform repairs, and recommend alternative equipment and improvements. You must be able to provide a description of diagnosed problems to customers in terms that can be understood.
Other requirements of the HVAC Technician role include:
* High school diploma or equivalent certification
* At least 2 years of experience providing Residential HVAC services
* EPA Certificate
* Great communication skills
* Valid driver's license
* Must undergo Pre-employment Drug Screen and Background Check