HVAC Sr. Instructor / Learning Facilitator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Sparks Glencoe, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Under general direction, delivers basic and advanced learning interventions in a specified content area. Serves as learning coach in some settings. Serves as a subject matter expert on learning development design and development projects. May coach less experienced learning facilitators.
* Delivers assigned learning sessions, which may include live classroom sessions, web-based learning sessions (synchronous or asynchronous), and on-the-job training. Flexes instruction and facilitation style and approach to fit the needs of the audience, the content, and the technology.
* Facilitates learning of materials, processes, systems that have advanced level content and/or facilitate learning in multiple areas of expertise.
* Develops subject matter expertise in new technology, products, or processes and serves as a subject matter expert in the development of learning materials for these new areas using the Learning & Development Process (LDP).
* Arranges for an appropriate learning environment for the presentation of material, which may include room arrangement, audiovisual equipment, technical equipment, web access, handouts, etc.
* Move training equipment from storage location at remote training sites to classroom and set up.
* Measures results of technical training using appropriate methods for determining participant reaction, amount of learning, and ability to demonstrate new skills in the classroom setting.
* Reports results of measurements and evaluations to appropriate Program Leaders, Learning and Development Managers. Develops and presents recommendations for continuous improvements to technical training.
* May provide on-the-job coaching on selected projects.
* Evaluates the on-the-job effectiveness of former class participants as appropriate.
* Provides constructive feedback to learners on their understanding of new materials and their performance in the classroom.
* Turn in and maintains records, prepares reports and correspondence as required, including timely expense reports.
* Continuously updates and improves delivery and coaching skills including the use of new technologies for sharing knowledge and building skills.
* Assist Region and Branch personnel with training needs and questions about Technical Education.
* Assist external customers with their training needs and questions including documentation for remote courses.
* Provides coaching and guidance to less experienced learning facilitators on how to improve their learning facilitation and coaching techniques for greater effectiveness.
* When working with the Development team delivers programs on time and on budget.
* Maintain and upgrade lab equipment and computers used in training.
* Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate discipline, such as Engineering, Business or Education, or equivalent experience is preferred
* Three or more year's business experience, preferably with The Company or similar products, systems, processes and/or services.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated adult education / training / facilitation experience.
* Ability to work both autonomously as well as be an effective project team member.
* Must be detail oriented and available and appropriately responsive to day-to-day communications, i.e., email, instant messaging, voice messages, etc.
* Be able to travel by air to other regions with Company to deliver training. Required travel is up to 50% of the time.
* Be able to lift and move lab equipment around in classroom. (lift at least 30 pounds)