HVAC Store Associate/Sales
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/5/2016
Carrier Enterprise, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONCE MidSouth is a division of Carrier Enterprise, a joint venture with Watsco and Carrier Corporation that sells HVAC equipment, parts and supplies to residential and commercial dealers. The HVAC Store Associate/Sales position is located in the Bartlett area.
* Sells heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parts and supplies.
* Greets customer on sales floor or receives telephone call and determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired. Discusses use and features of various parts; demonstrates use of merchandise.
* Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer's needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility. Maintain a clean and organized showroom.
* Reads catalog, or computer for replacement part stock number and price. Advises customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available.
* Uses computer database to research availability of merchandise. Fills customer orders from stock or prepares transfer from other location. Prepares sales order or quote order.
* Receives payment or obtains credit authorization. Examines defective articles returned by customers to determine if refund or replacement should be made.
* Solicits new and established customers via telephone to promote sales. Resolves or alerts management regarding inventory issues or customer concerns.
* Works in the warehouse.
* Works with clerical staff to check and maintain open orders, purchase orders, return merchandise purchase orders. Assists in maintaining current and accurate warranty return authorizations and their credit adjustments.
* Follows direction provided by Sales Center Manager and lends support to warehouse staff in their duties.
* Excellent customer service skills
* Practical knowledge of warehouse, data processing, paper flow and operations procedures.
* Must have the ability to negotiate transactions on an intra- and inter-company level. Must possess the ability to mediate situations among employees and customers as they arise.
* Beginner to intermediate to advanced user of the Internet and Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
* Ability to learn new software quickly and accurately.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally