This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
* Oversees the daily operation of the campus' building management system(s).
* Applicant must have working knowledge and firm grasp of building automation logic with the ability to read/program code, identify functional problems with pressures/temperatures, valves and actuators and repair/install new equipment on an as-needed basis.
* This position requires a high level of technical expertise with a variety of HVAC automation systems supplied by multiple manufacturers (Siemens, Phoenix, ALC etc).
* The individual in this role must be available for on-call work. Off-hours shifts, evening, night and weekend work as required.
* The position may be called upon to perform other general maintenance and support duties on an as-needed basis.
* This position will have responsibilities in multiple buildings across the Cambridge campus.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintenance and Operations
* Oversees operation, repair and P.M. of building automation controls and valves directly relating to HVAC, electrical, piping/plumbing systems; determines frequency of repair and/or P.M. systems.
* Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the building and critical support systems and components. Must be able to immediately recognize system shortcomings, troubleshoot and respond to operational and emergency situations.
* Monitors operation and maintains heating and cooling valves, HVAC VAV controls, refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis.
* Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
* Works with the client to schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed with minimal impact to the end users. Monitors operation of buildings electrical and mechanical equipment supporting the facility and facility s critical operations. This position requires the ability to analyze the operation of the various systems, determine the cause of any problem / malfunctions and takes corrective action as required.
* Confers/communicates with work order requestors.
* Coordinates with client representatives to understand their needs and ensure the work scheduled takes into account the operational windows for repair.
* Ensures that work is performed efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience. Track completion rate and outstanding work orders. Drive team efficiency and provide oversight and support as needed.
* Prioritizes all PM s, corrective and emergent work orders for the site (annual, monthly, weekly, and daily). Schedules assigned work with the assistance of the work order clerk and scheduler/planner.
* Interfaces with projects to ensure the right resources from the Operations Team are consulted and informed. Directs the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed. Specific tasks include but are not limited to: insuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warrantee obligations by the installer and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers/contractors.
* Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Identifies and remediates all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) issues as they arise. Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Completes all assigned JLL and Client required training and complies to the established training standards at all times.
* Has prior safety training such as NFPA 70e and OSHA10. Finance
* Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
* Reviews and submits purchase requisitions completed for the facility.
* Assures all Goods Receipting is performed in a timely manner.
* Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
* Performs additional duties as requested.
* Education - Minimum of a high school diploma. College/Technical Degree preferred. Holds a trade license (Electrical, HVACR, etc). Multi-discipline individuals preferred.
* Experience - 3-5+ years of experience in bio medical facility with extensive controls experience. Knowledge of Siemens Apogee, Andover, Automated Logic and Phoenix hardware and controls preferred.
Special knowledge and skills
* Exposure to HVAC, piping/plumbing systems, mechanical systems, and low voltage electrical systems operation.
* Conflict resolution skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports. Leads by example. Manages competing priorities well. Ability to analyze and make decisions based on broad range of data. Customer/Consumer Interface ability to effectively deal with customer/consumer complaints.
* Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Outlook, DataStream, etc.
* Must be able to lift 50lb
* Overhead work / working at heights required
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute