HVAC Technician 9/13/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Auto Req ID
The HVAC Technician performs a wide variety of moderately complex technical tasks related to the inspection, repair, and maintenance of equipment, utility systems, and complex machinery. These tasks include general maintenance, preventive maintenance, and repair work.
The HVAC Technician work includes a broad range pump, piping, air handler, and HVAC maintenance and repairs. In this role, the HVAC Technician may lead others in related work or serve as a back-up to other Technicians on complex assignments as required. Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
* Investigates and troubleshoots problems and performs repairs on mechanical equipment including large complex air movement and HVAC equipment.
* Performs preventive maintenance on various mechanical and electrical equipment.
* Assemble, install, and test complicated mechanical equipment and apparatus, and assemblies.
* Performs inspections, repairs, and replacements of pumps and piping systems including valves, components, and fittings.
* Analyze basic heating, cooling, and humidification cycle to include: identifying components, knowledge of the operation of each component, diagnosing problems in other devices to perform routine maintenance and repairs.
* Diagnose malfunctioning systems, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
* Inspect mechanical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes and standards.
* Identify and advise others on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous or cause system damage.
* Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of equipment and to ensure conformance to job specifications, including building and safety codes
* Use a variety of tools and equipment including measuring devices, and testing equipment.
* Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, updating and validating refrigerant quantities in RCM system, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
* Construct and fabricate parts, using tools and specifications.
* Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to safely and completely perform work.
* Plans, schedules, and oversees regularly scheduled testing and preventive maintenance of mechanical, HVAC, and instrumentation systems
* Responsible for the safe handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
* Performs minor building maintenance as needed
* Operate a variety of hand and powered tools
* Minor mechanical inspection, maintenance, repairs, and installation for general building repairs
* Administer and Schedule Work
* Monitors inventory and initiates requests for supplies, materials, and equipment
* Keeps daily reports, records, rounds and reading for assigned equipment
* Schedules and coordinates own work in cooperation with other Technicians
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* The HVAC Technician must have knowledge of industry standards for mechanical maintenance, HVAC maintenance, and the ability to apply knowledge to maintenance, inspection, and testing of campus mechanical systems.
* The ability to read, interpret, and understand basic engineering drawings and specifications including work orders and equipment manuals is required.
* Must have excellent customer service and communication skills both Written and verbal.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* All applicants must possess a valid universal card
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.