This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us:
EMCOR Facilities Services ( EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: HVAC Technician
Job Summary: Maintains, repairs, installs, inspects, and adjusts commercial and industrial HVAC systems. Supervises and directs the activities of other workers associated with HVAC system operation, repair, installation, etc. Also estimates, lays out, and schedules jobs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains, repairs, installs, inspects, and adjusts commercial and industrial HVAC systems. Supervises and directs the activities of other workers associated with HVAC system operation, repair, installation, etc. Also estimates, lays out, and schedules jobs.
* Ability to read and understand system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components such as compressors, motors, pumps, fans, switches, controls, ducts, or pipes.
* Starts systems, observes operation, read gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as actuators, valves, controls, and pumps to control system operation.
* Opens valves on equipment such as compressors, pumps, and condensers to prepare system for operation and starts equipment and auxiliary machinery.
* Screws, bolts, rivets, welds, and brazes parts to assemble structural and functional components such as motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, and pipes.
* Discuss system malfunctions with users to isolate problems. Installs wiring to connect components to electric power source.
* Lubricates fans, motors, and control units. Replaces defective/worn parts.
* Cuts, threads, gas welds, connects pipe to functional HVAC component systems.
* Performs preventative maintenance tasking on all HVAC equipment.
* Dismantles malfunctioning systems and tests components.
* Attends classes and seminars on air conditioning components and system design to update skills.
Education - Graduate of a certified technical school; and 10 or more year s related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Business Experience - Minimum 10 years of experience in facility/plant engineering and maintenance supervision.
* Valid driver's license
* Fork Truck and Aerial Lift Certification
* Universal Recovery Certification
* Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification
* Type I and Type II
* Type I - Small Appliances
* Type II - High Pressure and very High Pressure Appliances
* Type III - Low Pressure Appliances
* Universal - Type I, II and III
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled