This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 3/13/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Return to Previous Page
To assist with installation, servicing, modification, rebuilding, and repairing of air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment in accordance with applicable building codes and safety regulations
* Assist with performing periodic inspections to locate and determine cause of equipment malfunctions.
* Assist in standard maintenance programs to prevent failure of such equipment as centrifugal compressors, electrical controls, evaporative condensers, pumps, fans, and heating equipment.
* Adhere to safe work practices when lifting, climbing ladders, working in high voltage areas (logout/tagout), confined spaces, etc.
* Comply with all Policies and Procedures, especially in the areas of burns, cutting, electrical (Hot Works).
* Operate service vehicles to deliver parts/supplies. Practice safe driving habits and adhere to traffic regulations.
* Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment/tools/supplies; identify and properly use hand and power tools.
* Maintain a clean, safe work environment.
* Share information and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisor, vendors, and customers (internal and external).
* Use electronic work ticket system daily to document actions performed; complete timesheet and required written reports accurately and respond to email messages.
* Represent RTI in a professional manner in appearance and demeanor when performing job functions. Demonstrate and promote ethical behavior.
* Perform miscellaneous job-related duties such as winter storm clean up as assigned.
* Maintain current CFC EPA license
* Assist with service, modifying, and maintaining centralized HVAC computer systems.
* Take initiative to promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices by making suggestions for improvement.
* Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems with systems and equipment. Work with minimal technical direction.
* Read and interpret building drawings and specifications
* Regularly assess site and shop operations for safety
* Maintain on-call status. Respond to emergency calls and after-hour breakdowns or emergencies per established procedures
* Serve as a lead worker and technical expert within the HVAC group
* Guide, direct and coach others regarding application and interpretation of technical issues.
* Apply and interpret technical knowledge to resolve unique or highly complex solutions
* Anticipate and proactively pursue facility related issues and/or problems
* Direct and check the work of other technicians
* Promote compliance of all regulatory standards
* High School diploma and 5 years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Knowledge of fundamentals of CPR/First Aid.
* Knowledge of and understanding of HAZMAT awareness including recognition of potential hazardous materials.
* Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Demonstrated ability to work accurately and with attention to detail.
* Demonstrated ability to work during adverse weather conditions as an essential employee.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently or in teams as well as with diverse group.
* Demonstrated ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts.
* Must maintain a valid driver s license.
* Associate's degree; HVAC License; HVAC Diploma
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at www.rti.org/jobs
Return to Previous Page