H&W Benefits Manager
Currently seeking a Benefits Manager with specific experience/focus on Welfare to join our benefits team. The selected candidate will be responsible for administration of employee health plans for all of our North America region companies, including maintaining a regular on-site review schedule. Surveys industry and/or community to determine company's competitive position with regards to the employee health plan. Modifies plans and/or policies and supervises administration of existing plans.
* Administers company Health and Welfare plans, including 401k, Life Insurance, Workers Compensation, and Voluntary Benefits.
* Schedule regular on-site meetings with FFNA companies (10% to 20%travel) as determined by Director Benefits to manage relationships and review status of SLAs.
* Evaluates and compares existing company benefits with those of peer employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information.
* Modifies specifications for new plans or existing health plans to ensure consistency and compliance. Develops census data and solicits vendors for quotations. Evaluates quotations and makes recommendations to manager. Benchmarks health and welfare data to determine industry trends and best practices.
* Assists in reviewing benefits announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating plans to employees. Conducts employee meetings and/or seminars at FFNA region companies and arranges for enrollment of employees in optional plans. Revises and reissues all benefits communications from time to time. Advises and counsels management and employees on existing benefits.
* Ensures compliance by promptly and accurately advising insurance carriers, trustees, other vendors and regulatory agencies of plan changes.
* Ensures compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). Supervises preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissions and other regulatory agencies. Reviews and analyzes changes in federal and state laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management.
* Responsible for creating and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, reporting and analyzing metrics, and completing all required government testing, including discrimination testing, 5500's, and separate lines of business testing.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 5years of experience in benefits compliance and administration; preferably with a focus on Health & Welfare
* Experience managing multiple vendors
* MS Excel skill desired
* Other intangibles: Analytical skills, Follow-up skills, Planning & organizing, Detail oriented, Communication skills, Customer focus.