This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTION* Ability to design big data solution components, including data analysis and design, HDFS layout, stream ingestion, data transforms and integration, data quality checks, software deployments, configuration management, automated testing, maintenance, troubleshooting and analytic support.
* Design, plan, and develop programs to perform automated extract, transform and load data between data sources when working with large data sets (TBs+ range)
* Understand relational and non-relational database design principles, including normalization, de-normalization, and ability to read and interpret source and target systems.
* Provide documentation of requirements in the form of architecture diagrams, data models, source to target mappings, data dictionaries and detailed design documents.
* Maintain developed source code in the repository for all databases and keep all build programs up to date.
* Diagnose and resolve performance issues.
* Responsible for adherence to corporate standards, build process guidelines, maintainability, unit tests
* Work with Operations group to design and implement maintenance routines, automated monitoring solutions, backup and disaster recovery strategy.
* BS in Computer Science or Information Systems
* 5+ years' experience programming in Java or .Net environment
* 5+ years' experience working with database platforms in large data environments (TB+)
* 2+ years' experience working with non-traditional data platforms: (Hadoop, Cassandra, HBase, Azure, etc.)