Handyman/ Kitchen Measure Technician (San Francisco)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the District Production Manager and/or Project Coordinator a Kitchen Measure Technician will provide a measurement recheck of all sold kitchen jobs. Incumbent will utilize existing contractual agreements and associated paperwork regarding kitchen sales which will include a detailed listing of all materials and areas to be measured and that went into the price of the job. The primary objective of this role is to ensure that customer ordered cabinet projects and countertops have been verified against the original measurement prior to ordering materials from the manufacturer.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Maintain cycle time for Release to Production (RTP) to measure at or below company average not to exceed 7 days.
* Arrive on time with proper tools for preset measure appointments.
* Review layout of kitchen with customer to ensure all components are correct and all measurements are accurate
* Review all products sold with customer to ensure they match what is on the contract, proposal and sales drawing
* Review appliance locations and new appliances to ensure they will fit and review proper electric, gas and plumbing is in place or planned as part of the project
* Review all utility requirements of project including: electrical, plumbing, existing code violations and specific code requirements in projects city and or county location
* If countertop is sold, review color, sizing and edge profile with customer
* Draw plumbing, gas and electric line information on 20/20 diagrams noting any changes with customer's initials
* Review all project paperwork required to order the job and obtain needed signatures from the customer
* Return all paperwork to the office within 24 hours
* Miscellaneous duties as assignedEducation/Training
* High School Education or equivalent preferred
* CSLB licensed preferred but not required Experience
* Specialized training and experience in the cabinet refacing industry
* Must possess valid driver's license and vehicle insurance Role specific abilities/skills
* Required to have reliable transportation/vehicle
* Drafting skills and legible handwriting required on all project plans and related paperwork
* Ability to complete all company forms and have familiarity with company guidelines on needs for placing a job on order
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing on all aspects of job with customer, co-workers and managers
* Represent the company in a professional manner at all times, which shall include conformance to the Code of Conduct and Sears Ethical Business practices
* Ability to lift and carry up to 25lbs
* Occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, stretching, twisting, reaching and climbing
* Ability to drive/travel long distances of 5 hours plus per day
* Ability to drive in various weather conditions for long periods of time and in various demographic areas.
* Overnight and out of town travel required
~CB~Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.