Hardlines Zone Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Zone Supervisor is responsible for driving business results and store culture on the sales floor zone. This includes effective leadership and coaching in the key areas of expense management, merchandising, process execution, member experience, and customer service; sales volume, key driver, and profitability analyses, and performance; identification and solution of business problems.
Responsible for providing a 'WOW' member experience, managing the performance of the sales floor zone, and supporting other sales zone(s) as needed. Spends more than 70% of time driving results on the sales floor through effective merchandising, process execution, and selling behaviors. May act as Manager on Duty (MOD) as needed.Job Duties/Responsibilities:
* Drives and monitors store level margin drivers (e.g., solution selling, accessory attachment rate, inactive inventory, price change execution and point of sale reductions) and member experience. Partners with other Supervisor(s) as needed to ensure smooth handoffs and partnership across teams.
* Responsible for day-to-day execution on the sales floor, ensuring associates understand member experience, member interaction expectations, selling and merchandising responsibilities. Teaches and models expected behaviors that lead to the right member experience and selling performance. Analyzes team and associate-level metrics (including leads and recaps) to drive continuous improvement opportunities with associates and other teams. * Facilitates execution of the business plan for the sales floor zone, and provides the Store Manager and others on the store leadership team with fact-based, real time feedback on the product life cycle including assortment, pricing, inventory flow, marketing support, and transition and exit strategies in order to highlight opportunities for members.
* Ensures that the sales floor is visually appealing, effectively merchandised and easy to shop. Ensures the signing is correct on the sales floor and facilitates correction as needed. Ensures the zone adheres to applicable National Presentation Standards and current monthly sales plan.
* Works with associates and Operations team to: - facilitates appropriate setup of store-wide and event signing and take down, - ensures appropriate stocking, pricing, rotation and condition of merchandise, - ensures seasonal resets, basic plan-o-grams, unit integrity, seasonal markdowns, and ad recaps are completed on time, - ensures all inventory is on the floor within expected timeframe. - ensures the accuracy of on-hand inventory counts, monitors out-of-stock opportunities and replenishment process execution.
* Demonstrates understanding of the Shop Your Way rewards program and appropriate use of integrated retail tools, and is able to convey the value to both associates and members.
* Assists the Store Manager in setting clear expectations for associates' performance and behavior, provides ongoing observations and conducts regular coaching sessions, and holds associates accountable for results. Initiates performance management processes (e.g., performance reviews, performance improvement plans) with approval and in partnership with the Store Manager. Provides input to Store Manager on hourly employment decisions. Accurately documents associate observations and coachings. Ensures associates are up-to-date on selling techniques, product knowledge, training and appropriate use of integrated retail tools to provide a WOW member experience. Assists associates in creating action plans for their development based on feedback from observations, store walks, member interactions and other sources. Provides needed support, resulting in a store culture where associates can be successful.
* Adheres to the Zone Supervisor scheduling requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of store merchandising, operations, and retail management practices and procedures
* Strong leadership and organizational skills
* Ability to analyze information, identify root cause, and develop and implement approved solutions * Effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with all levels of internal and external team members and customers
* Ability to manage and coach team members, lead and influence cross-functional working groups, and achieve results
* Microsoft Office computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Skill in selecting, assessing, coaching, and developing associates, preferably in a retail environment
Education Experience: Bachelor's Level Degree
Years of Related Experience: 1-2 Years
Age Requirement: 18+Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.